What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wouterv

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.384.20648 2018/04/0342.7 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.20648
- Fixed abnormal message in system log.
- Fixed Time zone/DST bugs.
- Enhanced AiMesh self-healing ability.
- Fixed AiMesh mac filter bugs

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: edb967989324d02549a9c664e1d74aff

Another RT-AC68U update very short after the release of 3.0.0.4.384.20624 around 2018/03/27.
So far all ok.

ac68u is a node on my system
after update to 20648 it start dropping to my wifi cameras. roll back to 20624 ...

wifi bridge still unstable,
ethernet + wifi macs still appear as reported

used as a wireless bridge, my AC88U shows both the AC68's ethernet and wifi macs in the wireless log, but only the ethernet mac has functional client Mbit rate, the wifi mac is stuck at 6/1300 TX/RX

:78 Yes Yes -69dBm No Yes Yes No 1053M 1300M < LAN
:7C Yes Yes -69dBm No Yes Yes No 6M 1300M < WIFI

On the AC68, the router's link shows stuck at 1300/6

:74 Yes Yes -48dBm No Yes Yes 1300M 6M

back to 308.

wifi bridge still unstable,
ethernet + wifi macs still appear as reported

back to 308.

Did you do a factory default reset after installing the first AiMesh version?

OE

Did you do a factory default reset after installing the first AiMesh version?

OE

I did a reinitialization on THIS version, and both the router crashing and the mac addresses being messed up occur.

Issue is in the firmware code, not settings.
Went back to 308 without a reset and its stable on the same settings

I did a reinitialization on THIS version, and both the router crashing and the mac addresses being messed up occur.

I think 20308 is the *most* stable working FW with aimesh IMHO..

my 68u work ok as a AIMesh node with this fw

For the guys with issues with any firmware after an upgrade, the good old recipe still applies:
  1. Revert to factory defaults (in what ever way).
  2. Configure the router manual from the wizard (do not load an old configuration backup).
  3. Start with a bare minimal configuration to allow Internet access and verify router operation.
  4. Enable other router features one by one and verify router operation for every single enabled feature.
  5. Write down all the configuration changes you make from the factory defaults.

Just reporting that your router does not work after a firmware upgrade makes no sense.
Report if it fails at step 3 above or at what ever part in step 4.

3.0.0.4.384.20648 .jpg

Off-topic posts removed. Keep this thread on the RT-AC68U firmware released mentioned in the title.

For the guys with issues with any firmware after an upgrade, the good old recipe still applies:
  1. Revert to factory defaults (in what ever way).
  2. Configure the router manual from the wizard (do not load an old configuration backup).
  3. Start with a bare minimal configuration to allow Internet access and verify router operation.
  4. Enable other router features one by one and verify router operation for every single enabled feature.
  5. Write down all the configuration changes you make from the factory defaults.

Just reporting that your router does not work after a firmware upgrade makes no sense.
Report if it fails at step 3 above or at what ever part in step 4.

after a factory default/reinitialization the setting up of a media bridge is basically filling in the wizard, absolutely no point to restoring settings.

lol, so yeah, after about 10 hours being connected to a ac88u the ac68u crashes in media bridge mode.

Last edited:
after a factory default/reinitialization the setting up of a media bridge is basically filling in the wizard, absolutely no point to restoring settings.

lol, so yeah, after about 10 hours being connected to a ac88u the ac68u crashes in media bridge mode.

How far apart are the routers? Are there any log entries to suggest conditions?

OE

How far apart are the routers? Are there any log entries to suggest conditions?

OE
And how does the RT-AC68U crash:
  1. Just no Internet through the Media Bridge?
  2. What is connected to the Media Bridge and how?
  3. Can you still wireless access the GUI of the RT-AC68U?
  4. Can you wired access the GUI of the RT-AC68U?
  5. Any abnormal LED indications?
  6. Any related log file entries in the RT-AC68U?
  7. Any related log file entries in the RT-AC88U?
  8. Does the RT-AC68U still show up in the Client list of the RT-AC88U?

There is no access to the unit at all, and the log file has nothing except startup data with a fresh ntp sync adjusting the time of the last few lines.

Theres an issue in the firmware, that fact is obvious by the ethernet and wifi mac seperation screwing up and showing both on the 88u's wireless log.

There is no access to the unit at all, and the log file has nothing except startup data with a fresh ntp sync adjusting the time of the last few lines.

Theres an issue in the firmware, that fact is obvious by the ethernet and wifi mac seperation screwing up and showing both on the 88u's wireless log.
Can you make some screen dumps?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!