What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21140

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Despite the very limited release note information, the update went flawless.
Let's see if my stable RT-AC68U gets even more stable ;)

Now I wonder if this update includes phase 2 of the AiMesh project....
Should I update or not, that is the big question ... :(

Last edited:
On this firmware if I set the wireless control channel to anything but channel 6 it makes the change but then defaults back to channel 6 after a few minutes.
Anyone else had this problem?

Now I wonder if this update includes phase 2 of the AiMesh project....
Should I update or not, that is the big question ... :(
After so long silence from Asus development regarding the beta release I decided to drop that and install the latest regular firmware.
This went smoothly. Coming days will tell me if it was a good decision or not ....:)

On this firmware if I set the wireless control channel to anything but channel 6 it makes the change but then defaults back to channel 6 after a few minutes.
Anyone else had this problem?
My first suggestion is to revert to Factory Defaults, manual configure the router again (do not load a configuration backup) and see how it behaves.

My first suggestion is to revert to Factory Defaults, manual configure the router again (do not load a configuration backup) and see how it behaves.
good idea as I can set every channel and it will be used as long as I will change it to another.

new changelog
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21140
- [DDNS] Modified the procedure of DDNS service register under dual wan load balance mode
- [WAN] Modified detect logic of internet connection
- [AiMesh] Fixed AiMesh onboarding unsuccessfully once smart connect is enabled
- [AiMesh] Modified AiMesh nodes notification procedure
- [GUI] Fixed AiProtection GUI bugs.
- [GUI] Updated OpenVPN server FAQ URL.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!