What's new

Asus RT-AC68U how to add scripts?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

anyone here to solved my problem?
Hi,

No sure if I can solve your problem due to missing details, but let's give it a try:
1. Download Putty from the internet
2. Enable Telnet/SSH on the router
3. Connect to the router IP address via Putty
4. Use vi (text editor) to create the scripts in the /jffs/scripts folder
5. Do not forget to to put the execute attribute to the scripts (command: chmod +x filename)
6. Reboot the router to enable your JFFS scripts

Last but not least: JFFS user scripting is only enabled in Merlin's firmware - details here... :rolleyes:
Full documentation of all user scripts can be found in Merlin's WIKI pages.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

No sure if I can solve your problem due to missing details, but let's give it a try:
5. Do not forget to to put the execute attribute to the scripts (command: chmod +x filename)

Last but not least: JFFS user scripting is only enabled in Merlin's firmware - details here... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Hi,

With kind regards

hello, i would like to make one firewall-start rule with this parameters
Code:
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 16740 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --sport 16740 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 16740 -j ACCEPT

and one services-start rule with this parameters
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
killall udpxy
/usr/sbin/udpxy -m eth0 -p 16740 -c 3

i am trying all the time but something went wrong....can you post here more details....i am new with this merlin software but need this rules for get udpxy working outside my network....

i need to know what is correct protocol and commands inside putty....i got jffs/scripts but i do not know what next?
oTWXX8.png

Last edited:
i still looking victory for block IP....is there a possibility for blocking IP over entware?

hello, at first sorry for my english...so i need to know what is correct protocol to adding scripts trough ssh connection to jffs? i would like to modify firewall rule and udpxy rule....something like from this post....http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-rt-n66u-udpxy-iptv-stream-to-wan.7525/#post-97955

i am trying last two days but no luck....
Hi bayern1975, it sounds like you might need some help with the Linux environment that is running on your router. If you're new to Linux, or new to scripting, or both, you might want to check out http://linuxcommand.org/index.php

No, I'm just an idiot. My apologies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!