What's new

Asus RT-AC68U Load Balance Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Space

New Around Here
Hello,

I need help about my Load Balance setup.

I have two different internet connections. One is a 2ombs connected to WAN port and the other is a 10mbs connected to the LAN1 port.

So my question is whats the best balance setup i should use?

Should it be 2:1 or 1:2. Or there's a better setup.

Best regards.

Hello,

I need help about my Load Balance setup.

I have two different internet connections. One is a 2ombs connected to WAN port and the other is a 10mbs connected to the LAN1 port.

So my question is whats the best balance setup i should use?

Should it be 2:1 or 1:2. Or there's a better setup.

Best regards.

As usual, it depends on your network usage. And on your upload speeds on those connections too. And any data limits you have on each.

I would test 1:1 and continue using it unless you run into any obvious issues.

If anything significant arises, I would start with 4:1 and work down to 3:1, then 2:1. Testing each for a week of actual use. ;)

There won't be a 'perfect' setting, there rarely is, but the experiments above will give you all the data you need to make a decision based on all the known trade0ffs.

As usual, it depends on your network usage. And on your upload speeds on those connections too. And any data limits you have on each.

I would test 1:1 and continue using it unless you run into any obvious issues.

If anything significant arises, I would start with 4:1 and work down to 3:1, then 2:1. Testing each for a week of actual use. ;)

There won't be a 'perfect' setting, there rarely is, but the experiments above will give you all the data you need to make a decision based on all the known trade0ffs.

Thanks for your quick reply.

The WAN connection has 5mbs upload speed and the LAN1 not sure i think it has 1mbs upload speed.

The internet will be for normal use. Internet search, Movies, Gaming.

Also there's an option below Routing Rules. What is it for?

Thanks for your quick reply.

The WAN connection has 5mbs upload speed and the LAN1 not sure i think it has 1mbs upload speed.

The internet will be for normal use. Internet search, Movies, Gaming.

Also there's an option below Routing Rules. What is it for?

Again, depending on actual use, I might start at 5:1, or even higher (10:1), if 1:1 isn't giving a responsive network for your traffic.

The routing rules should make certain devices (by IP, make sure you've reserved the devices you use with this feature in LAN DHCP) use a specific ISP connection for certain destination IP's.