What's new

Asus RT-AC68U Merlin 384.19 VPN setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can't put the ISP (Frontier Communications) modem in bridge mode. Every time I do the internet disconnects and have to do a manual rest because I can't reach it via GUI in a browser.

I had everything working with the port forward but after about 3 hours the internet stopped working but said I was still connected. I had a blue light on the modem that was usually green. After some research, it was indicating a router configuration error, which I can only figure is the port forward.

Now I'm back to the drawing board.

These are my current settings.
View attachment 26817

These are my options. I am going to try to use DHCP and see if that works any better. Before anyone suggests it, transparent bridging stops my internet traffic.

View attachment 26818

that's od,technicly when you put the modem in bridge mode you need to set the wan interface on asus as DHCP or automatic ( or which type off connection isp uses )then power cycle modem end router, when the router comes up you shuld get ip from the isp on the asus and not the modem,did you talk whit your isp to config the modem to bridge from they side? or maybe get replacment?

that's od,technicly when you put the modem in bridge mode you need to set the wan interface on asus as DHCP or automatic ( or which type off connection isp uses )then power cycle modem end router, when the router comes up you shuld get ip from the isp on the asus and not the modem,did you talk whit your isp to config the modem to bridge from they side? or maybe get replacment?

I have talked with them about it and since the modem is functioning correctly they are no help when changing from anything but the default settings.

I was able to change my modem to "DHCP client" and forward the port for the OpenVPN successfully. I can connect to my router via OpenVPN on my and my wife's iPhones. I did have to restart the ASUS router this morning to be able to connect again though.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!