What's new

Asus RT-AC68U - Save multiple WAN settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wouZA

New Around Here
I am using a Asus RT-AC68U and often need to switch between multiple ISP accounts I use. Reasons range from ISP network congestion/speed to available cap on the account. Regardless, having to change the username and password manually each time I switch is what I would like to eliminate.

Is it possible to save multiple PPPoE WAN "profiles" and just switch between them?
Would updating to AsusWRT-Merlin or DD-WRT allow me to do this?

I am not too concerned about features like failover/load-balancing and I use a single DSL line for connection thus I believe the traditional Dual-WAN support does not apply. I have checked, and googled quite a bit which has led me to believe what I am trying to do seems a bit odd or I am missing something obvious...

Remembering generated passwords, password manager copy-paste and browser autofill is what I am trying to avoid if possible as this is my current solution. The ISPs I use have the same configuration but if they didn't these solution won't be sufficient. Hoping for a "Profile" type solution if one exists...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

You have a single physical connection with multiple accounts?

I don't know if anyone will provide anything more 'elegant' for you, but the quick and dirty way I would do this 'now' is with backup config files.

With each account properly setup and verified (with a reboot of the router), save a backup config file for that account. Do this for all the accounts you have and 'flash' the account you want at any given time.

Keep in mind that the firmware version is tied to this saved backup config file (so it will need to be recreated if you upgrade the firmware at some future time), but this will allow you to use the account you want with a reboot and a 3 minute 'flash' cycle, on demand.

Sure, 'profiles' would be exactly what you need. But this may be enough for now (or enough to get someone to program this functionality in properly). :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!