ASUS RT AC68U slow download speeds

Boo

Occasional Visitor
I have the Comcast Xfinity internet 600/20 plan and using ASUS RT AC68U with Merlin.
When I did a speed test behind the router, I am getting 200/20 speeds. But when I am connected directly to the modem, I will get close to 600/20.
I think the router is my problem and how do I fix it?

bennor

Are you using (or have used) any of the AiProtection options on the Asus router? Its a common issue some have experienced if one has enabled the AiProtection to see a speed drop. The general workaround is to disable or turn off AiProtection and then access the Privacy page under Administration and Withdraw from any listed options on that Privacy page.

Boo

Occasional Visitor
Are you using (or have used) any of the AiProtection options on the Asus router? Its a common issue some have experienced if one has enabled the AiProtection to see a speed drop. The general workaround is to disable or turn off AiProtection and then access the Privacy page under Administration and Withdraw from any listed options on that Privacy page.
I have app analysis off, QoS off, classification, web history off. Withdrew under privacy page under adminstration. Still nothing worked.

Last edited:

Boo

Occasional Visitor

I disabled STP under LAN and seem to have gained the maximum speed of my provider. Do I need STP if I am using only 1 router?

bennor

I disabled STP under LAN and seem to have gained the maximum speed of my provider. Do I need STP if I am using only 1 router?
No idea if Spanning-Tree Protocol needs to be enabled or not. It appears it's default setting is on/enabled. One may need to reboot their router after turning off AiProtection and Withdrawing from the Privacy.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!