1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS RT-AC68U USB tethering not working with Galaxy S8

Discussion in 'ASUS AC Routers & Adapters' started by Saiber77, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Saiber77

Saiber77 New Around Here

I can't seem to get my Galaxy S8 to tether with this, it recognizes "Android_mobile" on the network status page but just says "Cable disconnected" on the WAN status. If I toggle usb tethering on the phone it shows the network settings for a brief second "192.168.43.2" but then immediately goes back to "cable disconnected".

I've tried with various firmwares, including stock and merlin, as well as merlin beta. DD-WRT seems to have an out of the box iPhone tethering option but requires a lot of linux commands and trial and error to get a USB modem type connection, haven't seen anything yet about "Android phone" tethering with dd-wrt.

My friend has the same router working with a different android phone, and I can confirm that this isn't a bunk router because it behaved the same on his router when I tested it with my phone. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance!