What's new

Asus RT-AC68U vs. RT-AC88U WiFi?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PegasusG

New Around Here
Good day everyone.

I want to have WiFi upstairs and downstairs in my house. After doing quite a lot of research, I have narrowed it down to these two routers. Firstly, I’d like to know if I can plug the internet cable into the WAN port on one router (68U), and then use an Ethernet cable to connect to the other router upstairs in AP mode (88U), and if it’ll work if I use one of each. The deal we bought is 100/100 speed, and there might be about 9 devices connected to the downstairs WiFi maximum, and about 12 devices to the upstairs WiFi maximum (if everyone uses every phone, tablet, TV, and console at the same time, which I doubt will happen). Basically, is the 88U worth getting? There might be 1-3 things connected by Ethernet, but that’s about it. I know it has features that are useful but aren’t supported a lot yet, so is it worth buying for the future? I might use a NAS, but probably not.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance.