Solved Asus RT-AC86U 2.4Ghz Issue

Ifyh

New Around Here
Good morning,

I'm having issues with connecting to my 2.4Ghz WIFI on my Asus RT-AC86U, curiously I can connect perfectly fine to the 2.4Ghz guest network that I've set up and tested it on various laptops and mobile phones. my 5Ghz is also working fine.

All firmware/software is up to date, passwords and names are different for each SSID.

Can anyone please suggest how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Good morning,

I'm having issues with connecting to my 2.4Ghz WIFI on my Asus RT-AC86U, curiously I can connect perfectly fine to the 2.4Ghz guest network that I've set up and tested it on various laptops and mobile phones. my 5Ghz is also working fine.

All firmware/software is up to date, passwords and names are different for each SSID.

Can anyone please suggest how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Could it be an issue with characters being used... try a simple SSID name and password... and forget/recreate the client connection.

Maybe a 2.4 radio issue... the AC86U has had this failure. And yes, I appreciate that 2.4 guest is working... weird things happen when hardware starts to fail.

OE

Ifyh

New Around Here
Thanks for the response, after a thorough comparison I noticed that the Wireless MAC filter was enabled and my Harmony device was the only one on that. I removed it and it's resolved the issue!

You live and you learn! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!