What's new

Solved Asus RT-AC86U 2.4Ghz Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ifyh

New Around Here
Good morning,

I'm having issues with connecting to my 2.4Ghz WIFI on my Asus RT-AC86U, curiously I can connect perfectly fine to the 2.4Ghz guest network that I've set up and tested it on various laptops and mobile phones. my 5Ghz is also working fine.

All firmware/software is up to date, passwords and names are different for each SSID.

Can anyone please suggest how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Good morning,

I'm having issues with connecting to my 2.4Ghz WIFI on my Asus RT-AC86U, curiously I can connect perfectly fine to the 2.4Ghz guest network that I've set up and tested it on various laptops and mobile phones. my 5Ghz is also working fine.

All firmware/software is up to date, passwords and names are different for each SSID.

Can anyone please suggest how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Could it be an issue with characters being used... try a simple SSID name and password... and forget/recreate the client connection.

Maybe a 2.4 radio issue... the AC86U has had this failure. And yes, I appreciate that 2.4 guest is working... weird things happen when hardware starts to fail.

OE

Thanks for the response, after a thorough comparison I noticed that the Wireless MAC filter was enabled and my Harmony device was the only one on that. I removed it and it's resolved the issue!

You live and you learn! :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!