What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U AC2900 where to buy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dylanmitchell

Regular Contributor
Looking for a RT AC 86U that's not stocked locally and is out of stock on Amazon. Where are you guys buying from? Asus lists Frys umm no thanks, BH Photo video great shop, micro center no info good or bad, Walmart the evil empire, and Amazon out of stock. Know BH Photo is legit, Amazon if Amazon is the actual shipper vs a third party is good, or could even do Asus web store. Any feedback on micro center good of bad? I prefer Costco or Bestbuy online or in store since returns and straightforward if something goes wrong but neither have it.

microcenter has 2 ac86 @159 each, but only for local store only.
and amazon has it in stock, not sure why it is out of stock for you.

Looking for a RT AC 86U that's not stocked locally and is out of stock on Amazon. Where are you guys buying from? Asus lists Frys umm no thanks, BH Photo video great shop, micro center no info good or bad, Walmart the evil empire, and Amazon out of stock. Know BH Photo is legit, Amazon if Amazon is the actual shipper vs a third party is good, or could even do Asus web store. Any feedback on micro center good of bad? I prefer Costco or Bestbuy online or in store since returns and straightforward if something goes wrong but neither have it.

Here's a Micro Center bundle, walk-in only:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...d-wireless-gigabit-router---w--aimesh-support

It's a fine store... better than most. I wish I had one in my town.

Their March bundle was two for $280 w/$40 ASUS rebate. Then two for $300. Now two for $320.

I avoid third-party web orders unless I'm desperate, and I would not consider it for a router since you can buy them anywhere so it would be an unnecessary complication before and after the sale.

OE

Last edited: