What's new

[ASUS RT-AC86U] AIProtection settings not taking

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BobbyM<<1

New Around Here
I have firmware 3.0.0.4.284_81351

I have a bunch of devices in the AiProtection - Web & Apps Filters ( AiProtection, Parental Control tab ). Altering any of a devices filter settings ( Adult, p2p & file transfer, Streaming & Entertainment) do not take after hitting apply. Attempting to remove a device also does not take after hitting apply. However I can disable the Web & Apps filter entirely.

So poking around for clues I noticed in the log a stack of entries like this..

Mar 7 21:41:18 kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
Mar 7 21:41:18 kernel: jffs2: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 196 bytes for garbage_collect_dnode failed: -28
Mar 7 21:41:18 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 0003bf40!

Rebooting does not help. I've tried a factory reset also ( and restored settings from a backup ) but same problem exists.

Searching the forums and found an issue with similar log entries. The solution involved logging into the router via ssh. But i cant manage to get this working either. I've enabled ssh, i try to log in using putty but I get a 'network error, connection refused' and no option to enter credentials. The router log doesn't show anything about failed login attempts.

I was wondering if Anyone had any clues to a fix ?

Factory reset with initialize and DONT load backup! It will roll back your problems too.
You could try Windows internal SSH (since 1903), did work for me very well.

Factory reset with initialize and DONT load backup! It will roll back your problems too.
You could try Windows internal SSH (since 1903), did work for me very well.
I upgraded to the new firmware (3.0.0.4.384_81352), did the factory reset with initialise.
Unfortunately the log shows the same issues :(

Mar 14 18:47:39 kernel: jffs2: Argh. No free space left for GC. nr_erasing_blocks is 0. nr_free_blocks is 0. (erasableempty: yes, erasingempty: yes, erasependingempty: yes)
Mar 14 18:47:39 kernel: jffs2: jffs2_reserve_space_gc of 196 bytes for garbage_collect_dnode failed: -28
Mar 14 18:47:39 kernel: jffs2: Error garbage collecting node at 0003bf40!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!