What's new

Asus RT-AC86U connection problem with vpn provider

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mikuni

New Around Here
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for any help

i can't solve this problem:

I use an Asus RT-AC86U router with Merlin fw, to connect it to a vpn provider (openvpn protocol) as client there are 5 possibilities to 5 different providers.

If I set it as client number 1 everything works correctly.

if I want to configure a second connection (in client 2) on another server, after turning off the first one it connects correctly but the various lan devices that I connected to the router do not work.

To make it work again I have to reset to factory settings every time and after I can change the link server.

I have owned this router for 2 years but at the beginning I didn't have this problem, what am I doing wrong ????
Thank!!!!

More details, please. ;)

OK, I will try......

for example .... today I set up a new connection with a new server in client 1 (see first photo), everything ok.

second example ..... tomorrow I try to connect another server as client 2 ........

the connection in the "service status" menu is correct but the network does not work, tv, set-top receiver etc. they do not detect IP.

in the second photo in the "VPN Status" menu it is connected regularly, but in the "statistical" traffic window the transferred TUN / TAP write bytes and the TCP / UDP write bytes are at "0" and nothing works.

The only way for me to use a different server is to reset the router to factory settings.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-27_18-1-31.png
    upload_2020-3-27_18-1-31.png
    308.1 KB · Views: 210
  • upload_2020-3-27_18-2-28.png
    upload_2020-3-27_18-2-28.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Your pictures don't show one crucial setting. If you set block routed clients if tunnel goes down to yes that could be a problem. If you are running connection to two different servers at the same time they need to be using different ports.

I probably explained my problem incorrectly

I don't want 2 connections at the same time .....

the problem occurs when I want to change the server from client 1 to client 2, stop client 1 and start client 2 ....... it doesn't work !!

the only solution to change the server is to reset the router .........