What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.51255

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.51255
Wersja 3.0.0.4.386.5125565.6 MB
2023/03/02
1.Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability.
2.Fixed Samba related vulerabilities.
3.Fixed cfg server security issues.
4.Fixed Open redirect vulnerability.
5.Fixed token authentication security issues.
6.Fixed security issues on the status page.
7.Fixed XSS vulnerability.
8.Fixed CVE-2022-26376
9.Fixed CVE-2018-1160
10.Fixed IPv6-related bugs.
11.Added a new login URL http://www.asusrouter.com to fixed the login issues.
12.Optimize the AiMesh web interface
13.Fixed network map UI bugs
14.Fixed bugs related to Wi-Fi calling.
15.Supported web history record exported.
16.Fixed IPSec VPN server compatibility with Windows 10 VPN client.
17.Improved AiMesh connection stability.
18.Fixed IPTV issues.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 9c55ed74c15323c29e0de1e106769107

DOWNLOAD

14.Fixed bugs related to Wi-Fi calling.
now "WI-FI calling" stop works for me (disconnects after a while)
great fix :eek:

now "WI-FI calling" stop works for me (disconnects after a while)
great fix :eek:
Before you go back to the last working version; remember to file a report to Asus in the webgui under "Administration/Feedback" - describe what you did in the free-text field, and remember to check "attach logs" so they can use it to problem-solve.

I am running this version but only in AP mode and wifi calling is working great for our iPhones.

Successful auto upgrade overnight at a family members residence. No problems noted so far.

USB sleep mode issue is not fixed.:mad: A connected USB HDD is still spinning 24 hours and 7 days a week.:mad::mad: I'm pretty sure they don't fix this issue on purpose. Otherwise, they don't know how to fix it.

USB sleep mode issue is not fixed.:mad: A connected USB HDD is still spinning 24 hours and 7 days a week.:mad::mad: I'm pretty sure they don't fix this issue on purpose. Otherwise, they don't know how to fix it.

My external HDD never sleeps... it's a cheap rig.

OE

The only type of USB drive I have ever used on a wifi router is a "thumb" drive or one of the newer small USB SSD drives and that was to run scripts. I use a NAS for file sharing and storage.

Before you go back to the last working version; remember to file a report to Asus in the webgui under "Administration/Feedback" - describe what you did and what the problem is- in the free-text field, and remember to check "attach logs" so they can use it to problem-solve.

Before you go back to the last working version; remember to file a report to Asus in the webgui under "Administration/Feedback" - describe what you did and what the problem is- in the free-text field, and remember to check "attach logs" so they can use it to problem-solve.
They know. But they don't fix it.

They know. But they don't fix it.
If more people report more, it is more likely to be addressed. Maybe there was some glitch where they thought it was implemented in the new firmware, but it fell through the cracks. If people report, they will discover this faster, and they will have the logs to see it.

Because he said a new firmware was coming before. Then 51255 has been released like he said. The USB issue is not fixed though.
There is nothing wrong with letting a hard drive spin. In fact, it may last longer than a drive that stops and starts. If it really bothers you, turn off the power to the drive when you are not using it. Your hard drive is externally powered? Yes? If not it shouldn't be powered by the router.

There is nothing wrong with letting a hard drive spin. In fact, it may last longer than a drive that stops and starts. If it really bothers you, turn off the power to the drive when you are not using it. Your hard drive is externally powered? Yes? If not it shouldn't be powered by the router.
That's just a myth. My friend's and dad's HDDs are working over 10 years without any single issue even if it starts and stop repeatedly. MY HDDs are fine even if it starts and stop repeatedly. Do not believe myth on internet. Let me ask you something. Do you turn off your NAS when you are not using it? In my case, it should be accessed 24 hours and anytime it's needed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!