ASUS RT AC86U Merlin Ping Delay

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

svrakas

New Around Here
I am experiencing a strange issue. As soon as I upgrade the Firmware with Merlin I start getting major ping delays. Example, If I ping 8.8.8.8 with the ASUS Firmware I get a round trip of 20-30ms. As soon as I upgrade to Merlin it rises by a 10 fold to 246-260ms. Any ideas? Is anyone experiencing the same? It ishappening both with the latest stable and latest beta Merlin versions

svrakas

New Around Here
I am experiencing a strange issue. As soon as I upgrade the Firmware with Merlin I start getting major ping delays. Example, If I ping 8.8.8.8 with the ASUS Firmware I get a round trip of 20-30ms. As soon as I upgrade to Merlin it rises by a 10 fold to 246-260ms. Any ideas? Is anyone experiencing the same? It ishappening both with the latest stable and latest beta Merlin versions
Never mind I found it. Merlin was seeing the VPN configuration I had but had stopped and was enabling it, so the pings where from overseas :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!