What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U worth it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Placid

New Around Here
Hi all, and Happy new year

Someone In my area is selling an Asus RT-AC86u for £120.00 gbp, this is the lowest they will go and won’t accept any offer.

Would you say it’s worth it for this price?

it ticks all of my boxes and obviously is a very good router, just not sure about paying that much for a second hand router.

also may be worth mentioning it says it was manufactured in 2019 on the label.

your thoughts would be appreciated, would you pay that much?

What is the new price for your area? To me, it seems much too high 'used'. I would rather save longer and pay more, but know that I got a new unit that I can abuse how I like.

The RT-AC3100 was a great router with great range, stability, and responsiveness for its time.

A (new) RT-AC86U is superior except for the 2.4GHz band range (only 3 antennae vs. 4 antennae).

But if the 2.4GHz band demands are 'normal', the 'AC86U is highly preferred.

What is the new price for your area? To me, it seems much too high 'used'. I would rather save longer and pay more, but know that I got a new unit that I can abuse how I like.
The UK 'list price' is £199, although Amazon (not marketplace) are currently selling it for £157 which is the lowest I've seen from them.

Even the £80.00 GBP difference is not enough for me to consider the used router.

In-person, I would buy it. Online? Never. :)