What's new

Asus RT-AC86U WRT Merlin 384.13

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Christopher Elera

New Around Here
I've browsed through quite a number of threads here and tried the suggestions I have found but i can't find a solution to my issue. On my Asus RT-AC86U with WRT Merlin firmware 384.13, I am currently unable to add/modify/delete any Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list, any changes I make isn't applied after hitting Apply.

I've tried: doing it via the web UI; reverting back to stock firmware, downgrading Merlin firmware, as well as pressing the WPS button on reboot to try and clear NVRAM -- all to naught.

I've also tried nvram set dhcp_staticlist but that doesn't change anything either. In the attached image, the items in orange are the values before; the items in green are the new values I want to apply; the red items indicate that the changes did not apply. FYI, I've also tried this set of commands by manually rebooting the router after issuing nvram commit.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• AsusWRTMerlin384.13_DHCPStaticList.png
    AsusWRTMerlin384.13_DHCPStaticList.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 265
On my Asus RT-AC86U with WRT Merlin firmware 384.13, I am currently unable to add/modify/delete any Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list, any changes I make isn't applied after hitting Apply.

Any ideas?

For NVRAM issues have you tried this

On HND-models (RT-AC86U etc.), check '/jffs/nvram/dhcp_staticlist' and '/jffs/nvram/dhcp_hostnames'

Ok, I looked at that thread and NVRAM is half full -- 63484 / 131072 bytes. JFFS is full though - 47.98 / 48.00 MB. I tried SSHing to the router and manually edit /jffs/nvram/dhcp_staticlist. When I tried to save, it gave me an error that there is no more space on the drive.

I will try a factory reset with initialize.

Ok, I looked at that thread and NVRAM is half full -- 63484 / 131072 bytes. JFFS is full though - 47.98 / 48.00 MB. I tried SSHing to the router and manually edit /jffs/nvram/dhcp_staticlist. When I tried to save, it gave me an error that there is no more space on the drive.

I will try a factory reset with initialize.
Well I'm sure that will fix it , but if you can't identify what is taking up the space see "No free space" error on RT-AC86U running 384.13, perhaps reformatting /JFFS from the GUI might be less work?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!