What's new

Asus RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hasseboy

New Around Here
Hi!
I have a problem with an external drive attached to the router. I have to restart my router almost everyday to get my drive in order again. Sometimes it renames the drive like "USB1(1)" but i use "USB1" by itself.
After i restart i get it as wanted "USB1".
Anyone having the same problem and know any fix?

Please help me.

Best regards
//Hans

Welcome to the forums @Hasseboy.

You need to give the drive a name, so that it doesn't switch around.

Hi and thanxs for your answer, i have give it a name when i formatted the drive to USB1, i have 5 different drives, now i have been away for 20 minutes and it have changed 2 drive names to (1) see red marks in attached file. And i havent done anything. so now i have to restart it again..

Attachments

• asus_drives.png
    asus_drives.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 76
Maybe 'USBxxx' is a reserved name/tag? Can you try another name (at least as a test), like 'Something'?

Are you using a USB Hub? That (or the chipset it uses) may also be a reason for this issue with your specific router/firmware.

How many drives do you have connected? What are their capacities? Can you turn off the sleep function on them (or on the hub, if possible)?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!