What's new

Asus RT-AC87U packets drop on wifi roam

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lonerboi

New Around Here
Hello, I have an asus ac87u doing wifi roaming between the router and a mikrotik rb751u.

I noticed that packets will drop when i roam between the 2 wifi, eg: games will disconnect, ping will drop packets when NAT Acceleration is turned on.

I tried to turn off FA manually, and the packets are still dropping with CTF.

When NAT acceleration is turned off, the roaming is almost seamless (3 packets drop, but games don't disconnect).

I can't have NAT turned off permanently as I have a 1 Gbps internet.

Any suggestions?

Which firmware u r using on the AC87U?

On my two routers (see footer) with Merlin there is not issue with roaming between the routers - with CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) and FA (Flow Acceleration) accelerator enabled on the main one - at least I have not noticed... :rolleyes:

I dont think its firmware issue. Currently im on 380.68_4 and previously was on 380.58. Both firmware has the same issue with roaming.

I have tried to roam between asus and mikrotik, asus and tplink but I still get disconnected in game when roaming. This was when I disabled nat acceleration and the problem was resolved. However my Wan speed dropped from 800mbps to 350mbps.

The Mikrotik ap only has the 2.4g band right? So if you only use roaming on that band och game on the 5g band or do you have them on same ssid? if so make them apart

So if you are connected to your 5Ghz band(with different ssid and no roaming on) when you are gaming you still get the disconnected?