What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U as century link fiber replacement

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frustratedpdx

New Around Here
For starters, I am completely new to this. However I can follow instructions, or guides without hand holding =)

My overall objective is to replace Century Link's c2100t entirely, and only use the ASUS RT-AC88U. I am currently running the latest Merlin firmware and have found a couple posts online about this issue. They were older, and seemed to resolve the issue with relative ease.

These are the steps I have taken:

Plugged ethernet cable from ONT into the WAN port.
Entered in my PPP credentials
Under IPTV I selected manual settings (century link was not listed) entered in 201 for VID
Set NAT acceleration to Auto, only options I saw were disable and auto.

The problem is I am only getting around mid to high 300mpbs down and up. I understand I won't get a gig, and do not expect to. However, I am also getting similar speeds when testing hardwired devices from a LAN port.

Centruy link had come out a month or so ago, separate issue but I watched them check the connection on the c2100t and speeds were around mid 800's down and high 700's up. When I inquired about using the ASUS the tech who was on his phone with his supervisor relayed the question, and on speaker phone I heard him say "the reason for the speeds is a software thing, he will have to figure it out on his own". Fair enough, but now I'm trying to figure it out. All of my searching hasn't lead to any definitive answers or solutions. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

It sounds like NAT acceleration might be disabled. You can check its state on the Tools > System Information page. If it is disabled it should tell you why there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!