What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware v3.0.0.4.382.18991

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phoenix

Regular Contributor
Just released

Version 3.0.0.4.382.18991

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18991
Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704 : Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens, logged user IP validation, Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks for Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed web history XSS vulnerabilities (special thanks for Jamie Riden of NCC Group)

New features
- Added IPSec VPN server
- Supported Alexa
- Supported IFTTT
- Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, router needs to obtain public IP from ISP

Bug Fixed
- Fixed IPTV related issue
- Fixed IGMP snooping related issue.

Download = https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RT-AC88U/HelpDesk_Download/ (you must select Windows 10 32-Bit not 64-Bit for it to show up, at least for now)

Just updated my AC3100 and everything seems fine, from user's perspective.

Internet speed test is as same as before the update, as well as the CPU usage, at 2% most of the time. The memory usage jumps to 36% from 26%.

New trend Micro disable NAT acceleration (CTF) which is a big issue for high speed connections as cpu run 100% with speeds aprox of 300Mb. Disabling AiProtection, fix the issue, but obviously not good with a high end router.
I have reported this back to Asus already.

Notice that the client list on the network map page shows the wrong interface type. Have a kindle and laptop that are wireless but show as ethernet on the list. The Asus app on my android phone had the correct interface for a while but now it seems to also have the same ethernet vs wireless errors. Have changed from 5GHz to 2.4 and back to see if that clears the error but does not seem to make any difference.

Also toggled smart connect a couple of times to see if that changed anything in the Client lists. There is a nicer more stable client list under Network Tools / Smart Connect rules but the contents have the same errors.

Working fine for me on my new RT-AC3100 (A6). I have the AI features, QOS, and Smart Connect all disabled.

Thanks for the reply, Looking today see that my laptop and kindle are showing as eternet on the router login but as 5GHz on the Asus app on my phone.
Also have RT-AC3100 using QOS and smart connect so the phone app is now showing the correct interfaces but the router login has errors.

anyone noticed that with this firmware, when you reboot your router, it takes ages for it to actually turn on the wireless and have your PC(s) reconnect?

updated to 3.0.0.4.384_10007 and now have client lists showing correct interfaces - problem solved so far ....

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!