What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fax

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266
Bug fixed

- Fixed Android phone tethering mode detecting issue in quick internet setup process.
- Fixed PPPoE related issue.
- Fixed client rename issue in network map.
- Fixed network tool issues.
- Fixed wake on lan issues.

Modification
- Added automatic standby mode for CE Ecodesign directive.

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC88U/HelpDesk_Download/
MD5: cb24b11fea56492555ccf5bee4dbae0e

Big value changing 7266 but small fixx issue...

I am still having PPPoE issues. I have a Zyxel VDSL modem in Bridge mode and ASUS RT-AC88U has hard time to connect 2nd time if I manually disconnect internet using "Internet Connect" button.

I have still problem with DUAL WAN setup as Failover with fail back. I also setup check live by ping www.google.com
And when i unplug WAN cable router ok go to USB modem. When connect again WAN cabel it come back to WAN. But when i disabled WAN in GUI or unplug cabel wire from my modem ISP(no internet no ping) router try go to USB but internet is not available and not come back to WAN when i restore work WAN from my ISP.

I think that router not checking live by ping. For me it is not working DUAL WAN.

I test it on my USB modem Huawei E3276s-150 and also on Huawei E3372h-153 in version HiLink.
On all modem is the same problem.

Also next problem when i setup WAN as DHCP and when i unplug WAN from router and again connect to WAN i have big proiblem with get IP from DHCP WAN. Router can not get IP.
When i have setup WAN as STATIC it works better.

Client list is a complete mess for the past few releases on my AC3100. Clients come and go while viewing the list.

Airprint has also been broken for at least 3 releases.

ASUS in near future probably broken all firmware :D Nothing do better only bad.

Here all works as it should. VDSL modem connection is fine (no drops or failure to re-connect). List of clients looks fine (its normal that you see a refresh of the list when browsing it, you need to wait that it gets populated). Don't use DUAL WAN therefore cannot comment. :)

Flashed this earlier.
Adaptive qos works atm.
bandwidth limiter is not right....works fine on merlins.

Flashed to see if this pppoe issue has made anything better.
so game testing tonight.

will report back tomorrow.

WAN IP is the external IP here... not sure what is happening there... check your modem if still configured correctly.

Haven't changed the modem.
Also bandwidth limiter is completely broken now.
Looks like it completely ignores the figures i put in.
Adaptive works but gaming was not great.

Here all works as it should. VDSL modem connection is fine (no drops or failure to re-connect). List of clients looks fine (its normal that you see a refresh of the list when browsing it, you need to wait that it gets populated). Don't use DUAL WAN therefore cannot comment. :)

Many users reported issues with the client list and devices disappearing from their networks during Merlin's latest beta release phase. Wireless scanners stopped working and airprint as well. His 380.64 firmware was based on GPL 3831 and works great. His 380.65 release merged in GPL 4180 and you can see in the following thread thats when people started realizing there were issues with the flagship routers (AC88, AC5300, AC3100) and the newer firmwares. He was forced to backout his 4180 merge in this release!

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/beta-asuswrt-merlin-380-65-beta-is-now-available.36868/

Sorry that thread is long and its difficult to point out only one comment, however by about page 3 people started raising concerns with GPL 4180. I personally noticed airprint stopped working in the official firmware 3941 but was working in Merlins 380.64 which was based on 3831 so it seems something happened at ASUS in between. This new firmware suffers from the same issues.

I raised a ticket with ASUS regarding these issues (and so have some others) so I am hoping they will be addressed.

I have still problem with DUAL WAN setup as Failover with fail back. I also setup check live by ping www.google.com
And when i unplug WAN cable router ok go to USB modem. When connect again WAN cabel it come back to WAN. But when i disabled WAN in GUI or unplug cabel wire from my modem ISP(no internet no ping) router try go to USB but internet is not available and not come back to WAN when i restore work WAN from my ISP.

I think that router not checking live by ping. For me it is not working DUAL WAN.

I test it on my USB modem Huawei E3276s-150 and also on Huawei E3372h-153 in version HiLink.
On all modem is the same problem.

Also next problem when i setup WAN as DHCP and when i unplug WAN from router and again connect to WAN i have big proiblem with get IP from DHCP WAN. Router can not get IP.
When i have setup WAN as STATIC it works better.

Report it to: networking_support@asus.com

I write more and more and nothing... ASUS nothing done.

This ASUS RT-AC88U is the worst router I purchased from ASUS.

2.4 Ghz range is worse than my previous RT-AC68U
5 Ghz range is laughable and half of previous model

MU-MIMO is a joke and as mentioned by Merlin, it's broadcom hardware issue and will likely never work ever.
This damn router constantly disconnects PPPoE session and renews the IP for no reason. My Zyxel modem in bridge mode is same and RT-AC68U held solid 23 hr IP session as set by my ISP. The newer firmware mentions that they have fixed this problem but according to me, this has not been fixed.

It's no better than RT-Ac68U and I fell for 8-port switch and MU-MIMO false marketing.

ASUS is the worst, nothing change from years...

i hear same voices from long time ago about 87, but .4180 fw changes everything and 87u is a rock stable and powerfull router.
Maybe 88u need wait for good fw ?

I see it always, the previous firmware release is always the best. So, lets wait for the next build and 7266 it will become the best :D:p

dual wan or fail over have never been working correctly. I've changed to pfsense at one site and could not be happier. I will soon change to pfsense as main router at my other two sites. Unfortunately the asus routets work best as access points ... very expensive acesspoints.

This weekend I upgraded to this latest release and have been plagued with internet disconnects and wifi intermittently going off with disconnection.

Here is the email I sent Asus awaiting a reply to:

Morning,

Since I installed this firmware mentioned in subject on Friday I have been having continual disconnects. Upgraded via Asus GUI. The internet connection is dropped OFTEN. Over course of sleep last night over 15 times. Seems to be totally at random and unpredictable. When it disconnects it's only for a few minutes before it comes right back online. When it kills internet connection it's like the wifi is switched on and off super quick. Comes back as quick as it goes. Huge inconvenience however. I have a WD NAS and when it goes offline and comes back on it emails me so prompted me to investigate. I see the newest firmware release says something about "standby mode" but see no setting for it in settings at all. Is it a possible glitch router is hitting a "standby mode" as a result of a glitch in whatever that is? Not sure what to do or how to proceed. Connection just continually drops. It is not my ISP as proven because WIFI intermittently flips off as well when connection to internet is lost.

Please advise?

I hope someone has some advice. I can't handle this. I'm not sure what it consists of to roll back but I use the FTP server etc and the instability has me pulling hair. I have so many settings and stuff I have no idea if I could ever get them all written down and start over? Downgrading? Is Merlin the answer? I'm rather tech savvy, per se, but this problem near as I can gather is 100% related to or a cause of this newest firmware.

Please help??

Thanks!

Blaine

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!