What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fax

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378
Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-5891.
- Fixed CVE-2017-5892.
- Fixed CVE-2017-6547.
- Fixed CVE-2017-6549.
- Fixed CVE-2017-6548.
- Added log message for brute force attack.

Bug fixed
- Fixed bandwidth limiter bugs.
- Fixed UI issue when using Chrome 56.
- Fixed smart sync bugs.
- Improved stability for EU model.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: e91c6384e30030ac1c749f9638ef986e

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_30043807378.ZIP

Anybody running this new firmware on their rt-ac88u and if so does it work better than 7266? If you are on Comcast cable does it give you an IPv6 address or is it still broken like 7266?

The IPv6 code of this version is identical to 380.66 Beta 1. The only differences are in the wifi-related components, which I didn't have at the time.

I think that I'll just stick with your beta1.:D

I flashed to this 7378 so I could make a default config sys file for asus tech support. This version still will not allow the router to obtain an IPv6 address from my cable modem while Merlin's firmware will do it each time the setting is enabled. I am going to run this for a little while and see how it performs sans IPv6 connectivity. I don't like the fact that it still won't let me name the devices in the dhcp routing table forcing me to accept the default names for each one. Fortunately I have them all printed out so I can assign by MAC address which is time consuming.

What do these messages mean in the syslog?

Aug 1 00:00:29 kernel: rtl8365mb: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
Aug 1 00:00:29 kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint

On a positive note my 2.4ghz signal is flat as a pancake with this firmware. Okay maybe not quite flat but the smoothest it has ever been since I got this unit so I am quite pleased with the performance and for some reason it's even smoother than it was running Merlin's integration of it. What is not so sporty is the lack of IPv6 connectivity but right now I'm going to stay put on this and see what happens.

MU-MIMO still says June 2016 in this firmware. If it doesn't work and they are not going to fix it just remove the feature.

Last edited:
WPS still goes on automaticly after reboot on 5 gHz. It need to be fixed as my neigbours are hackers.

Not here, WPS stays off even after reboot. You mean wanting to post in AC87U thread as that model suffers from this problem.

Hello all,

I got my RT-AC88U exchanged and cannot remember, on the stock firmware version is there the following -> Administration -> Performance tuning as seen in http://i.imgur.com/o5O8cuf.jpg or is this only available on Merlin's firmware?

Thank you.

darn.. been on Merlin too long till stock is really so stripped down :) .

Thanks Fax.

Last edited:
Never had here any drop on both bands, therefore the only way for you to know is to test it. :)

Hey Lenin,

When you say drop, does it mean either 2.4ghz / 5ghz disappear after some time and forces your device to connect to another SSID, or devices refuses to connect or generally they just keep dropping and reappearing again ?

my previous RT-AC88U initially had the above issues where 2.4ghz will disappear and not come on and the 5ghz will go off later as well. It happens as fast as 2 hours after the router reboot. Only way to recover was to reboot the router but doing this a few times or even once on a daily basis didnt make a lot of sense.

Also after a fresh reboot 2.4 ghz speed was only 2mbps up and down with speedtest when i am standing just next to it.. thats really crazy. I suspected firmware but moving from merlin builds to beta to stock, nothing helped

After troubleshooting so much, and with a nudge from a forum member, went to do a RMA and it is working perfectly.

Not saying that yours is the same as mine but if you have been through all troubleshooting steps and still it happens as what is described then its best to move on to the next step.

Hey Lenin,

When you say drop, does it mean either 2.4ghz / 5ghz disappear after some time and forces your device to connect to another SSID, or devices refuses to connect or generally they just keep dropping and reappearing again ?

my previous RT-AC88U initially had the above issues where 2.4ghz will disappear and not come on and the 5ghz will go off later as well. It happens as fast as 2 hours after the router reboot. Only way to recover was to reboot the router but doing this a few times or even once on a daily basis didnt make a lot of sense.

Also after a fresh reboot 2.4 ghz speed was only 2mbps up and down with speedtest when i am standing just next to it.. thats really crazy. I suspected firmware but moving from merlin builds to beta to stock, nothing helped

After troubleshooting so much, and with a nudge from a forum member, went to do a RMA and it is working perfectly.

Not saying that yours is the same as mine but if you have been through all troubleshooting steps and still it happens as what is described then its best to move on to the next step.

Thanks for the reply... When I said drops it mens that I lose Internet connection and the only way to reconnect its wait 3 o 5 minutes or reboot the router... And what do you mean with RMA??? Thaks for the support...

7627 is working okay so far since I installed it early this morning. I was running Merlin but started experiencing some very strange behavior like a dropped WAN, sluggish LAN throughput and an occasional dropped 5ghz radio. My 2.4ghz radio signal is super flat with this firmware and I'm hoping that I'll be able to squat on this version for a while.

I've been up almost 5 days now without a single issue on this firmware which is a new record for me and its maintained an IPv6 address the entire time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!