What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7743

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fax

Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-5892 (JSONP Information Disclosure)
- Fixed CVE-2017-7494 (Samba remote code execution vulnerability
- Improved brute-force protection for SSH, Telnet connection.

Bug fixed
- Fixed web history issue.
- Fixed URL filter, keyword filter, network filter time related issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 65617fa7bcf7291fea57ad35ea6d3b19

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_30043807743.ZIP

Thanks for the heads up on this version. I wonder why that isn't showing on the product page for this router? When I check for an update via the router gui it doesn't show anything either.

I guess its on purpose not to make it available widely and limit the exposure to early adopters. So, in case of problems, the damage is limited. So far, you find it only under windows 10 32bit section.

Well I flashed to it and it came up just like 7627 with my IPv6 address intact. I will see how this one behaves and report back if I see anything weird from my router. I only wish that Asus would've had working firmware when I bought this router back in March.

I guess its on purpose not to make it available widely and limit the exposure to early adopters. So, in case of problems, the damage is limited. So far, you find it only under windows 10 32bit section.

It does show up for me under "Others".

It usually takes a while for new files to fully propagate through Asus's sites.

Reactions: fax
So, in case of problems, the damage is limited. So far, you find it only under windows 10 32bit section.
That's where I see it as well. I wonder why they don't list it under the 64 bit offerings? Nevertheless its working fine for me and thanks again fax for posting about its release.

I am happy to report that a couple of days have passed since flashing to this version without incident and it continues to perform just like the previous version. I did notice that it has since been listed under the 64 bit section on Asus's router site.

I am happy to report that a couple of days have passed since flashing to this version without incident and it continues to perform just like the previous version. I did notice that it has since been listed under the 64 bit section on Asus's router site.

My Hue device frequently showing disconnected and light bulbs stop respond to the App until I reboot the router or waiting for random amount of time. Seems like ASUS never figured out how the router handles LAN IP/MacAddress.

My Hue device frequently showing disconnected and light bulbs stop respond to the App until I reboot the router or waiting for random amount of time. Seems like ASUS never figured out how the router handles LAN IP/MacAddress.
Have you assigned it to a static address? Every device I have set to static is working fine. Having my 5ghz radio stay running without dropping clients is a really nice thing for me as Merlin was dropping mine. I had issues with my IPv6 connection on every single asus firmware before 7627 at which point it began operating correctly on Comcast. If I were you I'd use the feedback tool in the rooter's GUI and tell them what is happening with your unit plus provide them with your sys logs so they can see the entries leading up to the issue.

Have you assigned it to a static address? Every device I have set to static is working fine. Having my 5ghz radio stay running without dropping clients is a really nice thing for me as Merlin was dropping mine. I had issues with my IPv6 connection on every single asus firmware before 7627 at which point it began operating correctly on Comcast. If I were you I'd use the feedback tool in the rooter's GUI and tell them what is happening with your unit plus provide them with your sys logs so they can see the entries leading up to the issue.

Yes all my printers, VoIP box, and video cameras are set static IP address. Such basic functions should be tested. People rely on internet for too many things -- phones, email, printing/scan, and can not afford to loose connections. Speed, though important, is secondary.

I will send feedback through that GUI .

I feel ya as I also use VOIP phone service along with having security cameras on my network.

Can anyone tell me if they broke the bandwidth limiter again? I just purchased an RT-AC3100 after owning a previous Asus router. I don't have the best internet so with my old router I always used bandwidth limiting to keep various streamers around the house from eating up all the bandwidth. I installed my new router today and it downloaded code version 3.0.0.4.380_7743. I set some bandwidth limiter rules, but it doesn't appear to be slowing anything down at all. I noticed in the code version before this one that they had bug fixes related to the bandwidth limiter. Is it messed up again in this version?

I don't use that feature but did you soft/hard reset the router after you flashed it from the previous version? You might try unplugging it for a few minutes first and allow the memory to clear and if that doesn't do it hard reset it and manually reenter your settings.

I rebooted the router after applying the firmware, but I didn't unplug it or anything. I will try that when I get home tonight. If I still can't get the bandwidth throttling to work, I'm going to have to keep going backwards in firmware until I get one that does. My main reason for sticking with the Asus brand when I bought this replacement router was how nice the bandwidth limiter function was on the previous Asus I owned.

Unfortunately a reboot by itself is many times not enough and leaves strays in the memory that interfere with the new firmware.

Thanks. I think I'm just going to do a full factory reset this evening and see if I can get the bandwidth limiting to work on the default firmware. If I can at least do that, then I'll know what to expect as I apply newer versions to know if they are working or not.

I tried factory resets and hard resets. I downgraded to 3.0.0.4.380_4180. I also tried one of Merlin's latest firmwares. I just can't get bandwidth limiter to work on this router at all. None of the devices obey the limits I have placed on them.

This firmware is the bee's knees for me. My router has been up almost 7 days straight with no reboots and no problems. My wireless devices stay connected and don't drop and I've not had any WAN slowdowns at all.

I think bandwidth limiter is broken again in this version, and the version before it as well. I couldn't get it to work, so I started rolling back code until I found a version where I could get bandwidth limiter to work.

Here are my findings (newest firmware to oldest):

3.0.0.4.380.7743 (still broken)
3.0.0.4.380.7627 (it is broken again)
3.0.0.4.380.7378 (it works, and is currently the version I am running)
3.0.0.4.380.7266 (it is broken, and widely reported as such here on the forum)
3.0.0.4.380.4180 (it works)

Can anyone else who uses the feature verify that it's definitely broken in 7743?

This thing has been up for over 10 days now with no reboots on this firmware with a stable IPv6 connection. I saw in the changelog that they blocked some ICPM broadcasts so I'm wondering if the issue with Comcast was related to this feature. Nevertheless, everything seems to be working fine on this firmware version.:D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!