What's new

Release ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.48260 (2022/03/25)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jass

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.48260 (2022/03/25)

Versjon 3.0.0.4.386.48260
2022/03/25 41.45 MBytes
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.48260
1. Fixed OpenSSL CVE-2022-0778
2. Added more security measures to block malware.
3. Fixed Stored XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Milan Kyselica of IstroSec.
4. Fixed CVE-2022-23970, CVE-2022-23971, CVE-2022-23972, CVE-2022-23973, CVE-2022-CVE-2022-25595, CVE-2022-25596, CVE-2022-25596,
5. Added 3rd party DNS server list in WAN --> DNS to help users enhance the connection security.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:bf37620f6a581fc6f3bb08a49c5dc837

Has anyone tried this firmware yet? Have any problems with the asus rt-ac88u?
I have. Unfortunately, I "fixed" problems I didn't have - everything was perfect before I updated the firmware. I have an RT-AC88U with 2 RT-AC88Us as AiMesh devices. I have a very "smart" home with 80+ devices that were all recognized and reported in the devices list - everything was great!

Now, on the mobile app, about half are listed as "offline" (although they work) and don't show up at all on the web page. (BTW, I've rebooted the modem - Nighthawk CM2050V - and router several times but I haven't done a router reset because I have named all the devices and didn't want to lose it all.)

I'm also getting a lot of kernel errors (which I've never had.)

I regret doing this and plan to go back to the previous firmware (3.0.0.4.386.46065). I did send feedback to Asus with the logs.

I wish I had gone with "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it". Lesson learned - again!

Kathy

I have. Unfortunately, I "fixed" problems I didn't have - everything was perfect before I updated the firmware. I have an RT-AC88U with 2 RT-AC88Us as AiMesh devices. I have a very "smart" home with 80+ devices that were all recognized and reported in the devices list - everything was great!

Now, on the mobile app, about half are listed as "offline" (although they work) and don't show up at all on the web page. (BTW, I've rebooted the modem - Nighthawk CM2050V - and router several times but I haven't done a router reset because I have named all the devices and didn't want to lose it all.)

I'm also getting a lot of kernel errors (which I've never had.)

I regret doing this and plan to go back to the previous firmware (3.0.0.4.386.46065). I did send feedback to Asus with the logs.

I wish I had gone with "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it". Lesson learned - again!

Kathy

Ok thanks for the information, from what I understand there are various problems with this firmware, I currently have version 3.0.0.4.386.43129 and I must say that it is very stable, my intention was to update the firmware for greater security but I think that I will wait for Asus to fix its latest update. Does the firmware 3.0.0.4.386.46065 confirm me that it is stable? Even with 5g wifi?

YES - it's stable - with my setup it was PERFECT! I have many 5g devices (Nest cameras, Apple devices, Amazon, etc.) and they all performed flawlessly. In fact, my iPhone consistently tested faster on 3.0.0.4.386.46065 (487 versus 370).

I wish I had checked for problems, like you, before I updated - I normally do. For me 3.0.0.4.386.46065 was the most flawless firmware I've ever used.

Hopefully, Asus will release a fix soon (although if I have things working again, I'll definitely wait awhile!)

If it ain't broken, I'm not going to fix it - I'm scheduling my weekend to try to untangle this mess...

Good luck!

Kathy

Good News - I just downgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386.46065 and things are back to normal - all my devices are recognized and functioning well and there are no more kernel errors. It didn't take long and there was no expected frustration. This is my lucky day!

I'll just ignore the flashing upgrade icon and not be tempted to fix problems I don't have!

Good News - I just downgraded the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386.46065 and things are back to normal - all my devices are recognized and functioning well and there are no more kernel errors. It didn't take long and there was no expected frustration. This is my lucky day!

I'll just ignore the flashing upgrade icon and not be tempted to fix problems I don't have!

By the way it is broke. There’s clearly a security flaw that is being fixed. However, did anyone try to do a hard reset after updating?

@kbgorman, thank you for letting us know. I too have the AC88U with the notification of a new firmware. I have the converted TM1900 to AC68U and a AX82U as the nodes to my AiMesh. I really don't want to create more problems than I need to.

Had multiple problems with this firmware for weeks until i switched my router completely off by removing AC power for several seconds. Now it works flawlessly again. Sometimes a simple reboot isn't enough.

Something is still broken with this firmware. All my clients connected to 5GHz band are losing connection intermittently. My 5GHz Wifi is set to disable at 10pm, and when the clients switch to 2.4GHz (same SSID) then they work normal again and my Wifi-printers suddenly print all documents. Tried a lot of settings, but no fix. Now i disabled 5GHz in Wireless -> Professional Settings and all is ok.
Hoping for a firmware fix.

With disabled 5GHz Wifi the router works well again. A reboot fixes the problem only for limited time with 5GHz Wifi enabled.
Crippled but working.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!