What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U FTP Users

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dcsang

Regular Contributor
Hello everyone! I had issues changing the password on my router and another thread correctly pointed out that it was necessary to delete the 'admin' user from the FTP section to avoid the 'user already exists' error. After doing so, and updating my router password, the FTP user titled 'Bri' was made default. I recreated the 'admin' account but I am unable to delete 'Bri'. I would only like to retain the 'admin' account (not sure if that would cause an issue next time I want to change my router password). What am I missing? I am using the latest firmware.

FTP Users.png

RESOLVED!

Deleted 'admin' from the list of FTP users, leaving 'Bri'. Went to ADMINISTRATION>SYSTEM and updated router password for 'admin'. After rechecking list of FTP users the sole user is now 'admin'. Not sure if I'll get the 'user already exists' error next time I change my router password since 'admin' is defined as an FTP user but that's an issue for another day.