What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U (Stock Firmware vs Merlin Firmware)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JohnDoe007

Occasional Visitor
Hey Guys,

Currently using stock firmware 3.0.0.4.382_18991, I would like to use my Private Internet Access account (Open VPN with ovpn file) for my SmartTV, Fire TV Stick and guest network only not for all clients connected to my Asus router, but I don't see an option under VPN profile to select which IP's can be routed through vpn and which can go directly, is this something available under Merlin Firmware?

Also is it possible to simultaneously use multiple VPN profiles for different clients, for example for my SmartTV and FireTV I want to use European PIA VPN server and for guest network I want to use and US based PIA VPN server, is it possible using Merlin firmware?

Also if I upgraded to Merlin will I still have the option of using AI Protection? If not is there something similar under Merlin Firmware?

Thanks.

Hi JohnDoe,

I have only just joined this forum and don’t know if you got your answer but I can say that the merlin-DDWrt firmware supports what you wish to do concerning VPN and AI protection. I am using version 384.4 beta3 and it has been very stable.. you have 5 VPN Clients and 2 VPN Server options , like you I run Open VPN and have 2 clients , one in the US and one in the Netherlands , I also have policy rules running on both..

Hope this helps unless of course you have already found out haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!