What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U -- WIFI Configuration

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rt2016

Regular Contributor
Hi, is there any recommended Configuration Guide for the settings for 2.4 and 5 GHZ? There are tons op possibilities, but how can I get the best out of my wifi?

regards
rt2016

The WiFi settings on a single device....don't over think it. There isn't usually much to "tune" other than the channel the radios operate on. You don't usually mess with power settings unless you have multiple APs. The rest of the WiFi settings, leave it be.

1.) Find the clearest channel
- 2.4GHz only use 1,6,11 (14 is an option in some countries)
- 5GHz - really depends on country restrictions, on a single AP, stay away from the DFS channels

2.) Channel Width
- 2.4GHz - 20MHz only
- 5GHz - 40MHz is usually the sweet spot (80 may work, but depending on airspace congestion, it may perform worse)

You have to make the call if you want a single SSID for both bands, or unique. There are trade-offs to each method. I personally run a single SSID, but I also have multiple APs and my devices generally tend to behave "decently" and stay on 5GHz the majority of the time.