What's new

Asus RT-AC88U with 382.1_2 fw. Internet works, except for my own IPs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Stevenrun34

New Around Here
So we have Comcast Business internet and a block of static public IPs that we assign to different firwewalls or servers on our network.

I am trying to use the AC88U to filter and monitor web traffic for our generic wifi internet access and our web proxy.

Things are set up like this:

Gateway sits at the front, then the Asus WAN plugs into the gateway's LAN. I set up the Asus WAN IP to be static and on the subnet of the gateway (10.1.10.101 let's say).

On the LAN Side of the ASUS, I have just one laptop to test. NAT is enabled, internet works beautifully, except for one thing:

I cannot reach the block of public IPs we are assigned from Comcast. I can ping these addresses, but nothing will connect. Tried several different hosts to no avail.

I thought maybe this was some issue with the gateway. It has worked in the past, but mysteriously stopped. The strange thing is that this exact configuration works fine with other devices, and every other wireless router I have tried. I specifically want to use this router for it's filtering capabilities.

I have tried the official firmware as well as the merlin firmware. I have tried all of the various NAT modes, nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe something obvious that I missed?

Thank you!