What's new

ASUS RT-AX3000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

njf

New Around Here
Hi

I'm not sure if this allowed here but, if not, please delete it.

Amazon US has just dropped the price of this Wifi 6 router by almost $30 to $149.99. As always with Amazon, there is no way to know how long this price will last. I had been trying to choose a Wifi router to add to my Aimesh system and this price drop persuaded me to go for it. The RT-AX86U is currently $90 more and the RT-AX88U $150 more.

The RT-AX86U for $90 more is also more than double the router. Particularly if you use VPN connections back to your network or out from it. :)

Yes, I understand that but in my case it will be replacing a long-standing RT-AC68U - which will be kept as an Aimesh node - and because of where the new router is to be delivered, outside the US, an AX86U would cost me a little over $300 with customs duties and isn't available from Amazon until some time in January anyway. The AX3000 will cost me under $150 with no shipping or customs duties.

Just thought somebody on a budget might be interested in the price drop.

I just wish I had known about the $49 AX86U when it was available a couple of weeks ago!

You will like the AX3000 (RT-AX58U) Mine works excellent and has a just as good of signal as my AC3100 and it's faster.

It's strange that the 386 firmware train isn't out on this router yet

Also, it is $144.99 on Newegg

It's strange that the 386 firmware train isn't out on this router yet

Also, it is $144.99 on Newegg

It is if you want to use the latest Asus Beta or Merlin's latest Alpha 386.xx builds.

Hi

I'm not sure if this allowed here but, if not, please delete it.

Amazon US has just dropped the price of this Wifi 6 router by almost $30 to $149.99. As always with Amazon, there is no way to know how long this price will last. I had been trying to choose a Wifi router to add to my Aimesh system and this price drop persuaded me to go for it. The RT-AX86U is currently $90 more and the RT-AX88U $150 more.

If you don't need vpn speed more then 50MBs, the ax58u is rock solid. very reliable and stable compared to most asus routers. Its like the new ac68u imo.

AX58 $150 new @ Newegg thru Sunday

i just picked up a refurb one for myself man for $125 on amazon. I never, ever thought I would do this for a router. I use to only buy things off the shelf at microcenter and now I am buying a refurb router of all things!! canceled my delivery of my unifi ap lmao. i couldn't' resist!! I have a couple wifi 6 devices and want to see the technology get used.. after trying the nightmare called the ac86u and seeing the horror stories with the ax86u and ax88u i'm thinking the ax58u is the best option for upgrade from my ac66u and i've now gone back to it. I don't even need to do aimesh with this thing which might cause me grief. I keep praising the dam thing on the forums after I tried it I might as well own one. flashed stock and factory reset and Its running great. great speeds, stable network, and clean log. lol

Last edited: