What's new

ASUS RT-AX56U high bufferbloat ping in download

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joshuajackson

Hey sorry to bother everybody with this issue but its very frustrating anyways heres my problem
Ive got this router RT-AX56U attached with my modem dsl-ac51 and for whatever reason i got a high buffer-bloat ping on the router but if i use a laptop and connect to the modem with Ethernet i got way less ping i can download and browse, but on my router not really possible and im also connected with ethernet on the router. Ive never had this issue with rt-ac68u i had to get it switched because it doesnt work anymore so i bought this new one ax56u could someone help me fix this?

Try powering down the modem and the router for at least 15 minutes (an hour would be ideal) and then power up the modem, wait at least 5 minutes for it to fully boot up and be stable. Then, power on the RT-AX56U. :)

Try powering down the modem and the router for at least 15 minutes (an hour would be ideal) and then power up the modem, wait at least 5 minutes for it to fully boot up and be stable. Then, power on the RT-AX56U. :)
I have done that already. Still same issue, the pings are fine on the modem but terrible on the router for some reason.

How did you set up and configure the RT-AX56U?

How did you set up and configure the RT-AX56U?
its stock settings and i use skynet and nextdns and freshqos or whatever its called. tried it without it aswell and same thing

its stock settings and i use skynet and nextdns and freshqos or whatever its called. tried it without it aswell and same thing

??? o_O

I mean, what firmware version are you on? After flashing to the firmware you wanted, did you do a full reset/Initialize all settings and also format the JFFS partition? With the scripts you're running, did you format the USB drive in a PC before inserting it back into the router and then formatting it as Ext4 with journalling enabled? Did you use amtm to create a swap file (not a swap partition)? See the amtm Step-by-Step Guide for further details in the link in my signature below. Remember that with RMerlin 384.15_0 and later, you do not need to install amtm as it is included.

Did you then minimally and manually configure the router (see the defaults as suggested in the M&M Config in the link in my signature below) and test before doing any further customizations?

When you add the FreshJR QOS script, do you enable Adaptive QoS in the GUI and set the order as suggested on that thread? Do you input appropriate values in the up and down fields to minimize bufferbloat?

If the above (and more) isn't done, then there is no telling what is causing your issue. Sure, it could be a hardware issue, but it could also be something fixable too. :)

??? o_O

I mean, what firmware version are you on? After flashing to the firmware you wanted, did you do a full reset/Initialize all settings and also format the JFFS partition? With the scripts you're running, did you format the USB drive in a PC before inserting it back into the router and then formatting it as Ext4 with journalling enabled? Did you use amtm to create a swap file (not a swap partition)? See the amtm Step-by-Step Guide for further details in the link in my signature below. Remember that with RMerlin 384.15_0 and later, you do not need to install amtm as it is included.

Did you then minimally and manually configure the router (see the defaults as suggested in the M&M Config in the link in my signature below) and test before doing any further customizations?

When you add the FreshJR QOS script, do you enable Adaptive QoS in the GUI and set the order as suggested on that thread? Do you input appropriate values in the up and down fields to minimize bufferbloat?

If the above (and more) isn't done, then there is no telling what is causing your issue. Sure, it could be a hardware issue, but it could also be something fixable too. :)
It's the latest firmware of merlin and I used amtm that was already installed, USB was formatted, and I have done a full reset.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

??? o_O

Yeah idk i performed the nuclear reset same problem :/