What's new

ASUS RT-AX58U and wireguard: only 1 client works

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

guill69f

New Around Here
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and to the use of wireguard.

I have activated and tested wireguard yesterday on a ASUS RT-AX58U router (updated stock firmware), with first client set-u on a samsung S10+: it works great (tested with phone on 4G). Then i followed the same protocol to install wireguard clients on other devices: none are working and i have not managed to find helpful instructions on the www to understand why and how to fix. And then i found SNB Forums ;-)

I have done all my tests while on local network, and then i also connected all my devices to a hot spot started from my phone on 4G.

Can anyone please guide to help to solve this or point to other threads where this has been discussed and solved? Thanks a lot!
 
You did add multiple VPN clients in the router's web UI, right? A common mistake is to use the same config on multiple devices.
 
You did add multiple VPN clients in the router's web UI, right? A common mistake is to use the same config on multiple devices.
Yes, I clicked on the '+' sign next to the test VPN Client, and created 3 additional clients after the first one.
Then for my samsung tab, i did as for the phone, i used the QR code option. For 2 other devices (surface and macbook), i exported the config file.

If i look at each of the client config, this is what i can read (with keys removed and endpoint changed...):

for the Samsung S10+ (the only one working):
[Interface]
PrivateKey =
Address = 10.6.0.2/32
DNS = 10.6.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey =
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = my.domain.com:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25

for the samsung tab:

[Interface]
PrivateKey =
Address = 10.6.0.3/32
DNS = 10.6.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey =
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = my.domain.com:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25


for the surface:
[Interface]
PrivateKey =
Address = 10.6.0.4/32
DNS = 10.6.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey =
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = my.domain.com:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25

for the macbook:
[Interface]
PrivateKey =
Address = 10.6.0.5/32
DNS = 10.6.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey =
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = my.domain.com:51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25
 
back again to say that everything is working like a charm at the moment. not sure what i did wrong yesterday during my testing (i don't think i tested incorrectly though), but well, i have not changed anything during the day and now all works fine... so end of the story here :)
 

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online

Top