What's new

Asus RT-AX58U Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.8591

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 22229

Version 3.0.0.4.384.85912020/03/2566.68 MBytes

ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.8591
Update Adaptive QoS categories: Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.
New Supported Categories & Apps:
- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams®, ZOOM®, Skype®, Google Hangouts®, BlueJeans®
- Online learning, including Khan academy®, Udemy®, Coursera®, TED®, VIPKiD®, 51Talk®, XDF®, Xueersi®
- Streaming, including YouTube®, Netflix®, HBO NOW®, Amazon Prime Video®, Disney+®, ESPN®, MLB.com®, iQIY®
- Indoor training, including Zwift®, Peloton®, Onelap®
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
This just released so far only see it on the GUI. Not posted on web site as of yet. ( 384.8591 )

Wow, they’re pumping out firmware for this thing like crazy. That being said I’m using 384.16 beta2 and it’s working great.
Thanks for the heads up. Release notes?

Wow, they’re pumping out firmware for this thing like crazy. That being said I’m using 384.16 beta2 and it’s working great.
Thanks for the heads up. Release notes?

Yeah they really are cranking out updates for the AX58.

EDIT: Now released on Asus support site. Change log added to first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
This firmware is giving me fits on the admin page. The log in screen is non-responsive to the point I have to reboot the router to get in. Yesterday after loading this firmware the interface froze up solid when clicking the Adaptive QOS. The router itself was functioning fine, I could ping in and out and speedtests were fine. Reboot and non-responsive log in screen again, then interface froze up when clicking AI Cloud. After that I just let the router sit a bit and was able to get in and check everything out. But now today trying to log in to the admin again and it's non-responsive and doesn't seem to be fixing itself. ASUS android app is also non-responsive trying to connect to the router. I need to reboot but don't have time right now and it's not effecting the network.

Hmmm Strange i just use a basic configuration with 8591 and it has been solid here since install. No issues with log in or anything else i can see. Did you do a factory reset and reconfigure manually ?

Hmmm Strange i just use a basic configuration with 8591 and it has been solid here since install. No issues with log in or anything else i can see. Did you do a factory reset and reconfigure manually ?

No I just updated, I'll give that a try. I just got this router last week so I'm still constantly tweaking it, and annoying the family in the process. Every hickup on streaming services I get the "Are you messing with the internet again?"

Factory reset did fix the issues I was having with the log in and configuration pages. Much better now. FYI there's a new/changed item in Wireless - Professional strangely just called English, but options allow OFDMA up + down.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!