What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47029 01-05-22

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
ASUS RT-AX58U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47029
1. Fix IPv6+ related issues.
2. Firewall supports IPv6 list.
3. Fix the case of some ISP only can get the private IPv6 address.
4. Minor GUI bug fixes.
*Due to core software module upgrade, if you wanna to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:A35D678FCA72D8536F3F126AA0E4D88A

Historically, RT-AX58U and RT-AX3000 firmware images were interchangeable, but this appears not to be the case with this update. When I try to flash RT-AX3000 AiMesh node, I encounter the following error dialogue:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

Historically, RT-AX58U and RT-AX3000 firmware images were interchangeable, but this appears not to be the case with this update. When I try to flash RT-AX3000 AiMesh node, I encounter the following error dialogue:
Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

Do a factory default reset of the node first via the gui.

The firmware size has doubled, looks like it includes firmwares for both AX58U V1 and V2. Maybe formally there is no RT-AX3000 V2.

The firmware size has doubled, looks like it includes firmwares for both AX58U V1 and V2. Maybe formally there is no RT-AX3000 V2.
That might be the case. Hopefully, an RT-AX3000 friendly image will be released within the next several days.

That might be the case. Hopefully, an RT-AX3000 friendly image will be released within the next several days.

sorry that didn’t work.

the stock firmware image doubled to accommodate V2, I believe, so don’t hold your breath.

when you did the factory reset was it disassociated from mesh first?

there is always rescue mode.

sorry that didn’t work.

the stock firmware image doubled to accommodate V2, I believe, so don’t hold your breath.

when you did the factory reset was it disassociated from mesh first?

there is always rescue mode.
I think that you misunderstood. The device failed to flash the new image, but it came back up with previous firmware.

I think that you misunderstood. The device failed to flash the new image, but it came back up with previous firmware.

No, I understood. There have been quite a few complaining here of getting stuck with units not updating this go-around with the new firmware releases.

Your unit is out of free memory or has usb items plugged in or is connected in a mesh node, etc.

Flash the router as a standalone unit, not connected to aimesh, not having any usb devices plugged in.

A Factory Default reset should do it but also check the box to wipe the JFFS partition if it was on Merlin, stock doesn't have the option.

Also clear your browser cache and delete all the old downloads and re-download a fresh firmware image.

If the router is that stuck try a WPS reset and use rescue mode: download what you need in advance.

Also the image that ASUS provided may be broken and they need to fix it on their end.

Utilities

Version 2.1.0.3

2021/10/27 1.25 MBytes

ASUS Firmware Restoration version 2.1.0.3
OS support: Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10/11
Firmware Restoration is used on an ASUS Wireless Router that failed during its firmware upgrading process. It uploads the firmware that you specify.

NOTE: This is not a firmware upgrade utility and cannot be used on a working ASUS Wireless Router. Normal firmware upgrades must be done through the web interface.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

It says in the change log you must flash 386.45898 first before upgrading to 386.47029

It says in the change log you must flash 386.45898 first before upgrading to 386.47029
Thank you! I somehow missed that detail. Solved!

ASUS did release the "same" image for the RT-AX3000 yesterday (as I suspected).

With firmware 3.0.0.4.386.47029 came some new problems.
Chromecast could not been found anymore, although still connected to WiFi and internet.
Looks like AP isolation, but this option in not selected and never used before in router menu.
And some minor WiFi connection problems with mobile phones, like connection lost when not used and slow reconnects

After retuning to previous firmware .45898 problems solved

Hi in December I've bought V2 release of this device (different cpu) . This firmware was the first one which i could flash. Unfortunately i confirm above statement - after flashing router behaves suspiciously , yesterday i have spent half of the day to investigate an issue with interconnection between devices in lan. So the reason that devices can not connect is that router does not propagate all ARP requests. This issue apply to some particular devices in my network (not all). I also found temporary workaround - when disable all Asus AI* and qos related features ARP connectivity back to normal. Bad is that for V2 revision there is no previous firmware available on asus site so no way to rollback for now .

Hi All- I have a question about versions. I have an RT-AX3000, and am running this same firmware. (and it is working fine for me, but I don't have a mesh network, it is pretty vanilla, no IOT devices, etc...)

I'm curious why this has a much higher version number 470xx when (I think) all of the rest of the routers are on 460xx. Those other routers also seem to have a TON of more security fixes listed in their release notes.... Is the 470xx a different fork, and we will get those? or did they just not list them all in their release notes? Because the previous release is 45898.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!