What's new

Asus RT-AX58U Questions on IPv6 and Adaptive QOS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kage

Occasional Visitor
I have a few questions on IPV6 and adaptive qos. My RT-AX58U has the Merlin Firmware 384.18 installed since it fixed the IPv6 routing issue that was displayed in systems log from the stock firmware, however the Merlin firmware broke the parental controls. My questions are:
1. Is it recommended to enable IPv6?
2. I have Spectrum as my ISP with 100 Mbps/10Mbps. With my setup of an Apple TV 4k, Laptop, Apple HomePod, and iPhone, should I enable adaptive qos? When I setup the adaptive qos and run the DSLreports speedtest it fails the bufferbloat test with both stock firmware and Merlin firmware. So what's the best setting for QOS?

I have a few questions on IPV6 and adaptive qos. My RT-AX58U has the Merlin Firmware 384.18 installed since it fixed the IPv6 routing issue that was displayed in systems log from the stock firmware, however the Merlin firmware broke the parental controls. My questions are:
1. Is it recommended to enable IPv6?
2. I have Spectrum as my ISP with 100 Mbps/10Mbps. With my setup of an Apple TV 4k, Laptop, Apple HomePod, and iPhone, should I enable adaptive qos? When I setup the adaptive qos and run the DSLreports speedtest it fails the bufferbloat test with both stock firmware and Merlin firmware. So what's the best setting for QOS?

While trying to solve my own RT-AX58U issues, I couldn't help but notice your thread and that I am the first person to respond.

It's been about a year, but have your problems with the AX58U improved? Did turning on/off IPv6 and adaptive QOS improve the performance of your 58U?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!