What's new

ASUS RT-AX58U VPN Server issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oltots

New Around Here
When I try to create my own VPN server, after saving the username and password, the router assigns a random password. When I then try to use the password that the router gives, it does not allow me to connect. Prior to flashing with Merlin, when I tried to create the server, the password saves with nothing in as the password. Can anyone help with a solution to this problem ?

Attachments

• router.PNG
    router.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 102
Flashed it over using Merlin and I am seeing an instance of a user logged already.... username - admin, with no password. Can this be a hardware issue ? I ask because I am getting similar issues no matter the firmware.

Flashed it over using Merlin and I am seeing an instance of a user logged already.... username - admin, with no password. Can this be a hardware issue ? I ask because I am getting similar issues no matter the firmware.
It's the default user account that's always created.

Another issue that I am noticing. When I use parental controls like Web and App filtering or time scheduling, it does not release the MAC. I have to do a factory reset for the device to get internet access again.

I bought this router 2nd hand and was told they were no issues. Only received it today. I am fearing I was duped.