What's new

ASUS RT-AX82U $185 new

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gar

Very Senior Member
Any thoughts on using this as an AP to replace an aging AC3100? My main upstairs and office AP downstairs right now are both AX88. Slowly upgrading all the APs.

I do NOT really need AX at this time but as equipment ages and reasonable deals come available I have been replacing things.

Any thoughts on using this as an AP to replace an aging AC3100? My main upstairs and office AP downstairs right now are both AX88. Slowly upgrading all the APs.

I do NOT really need AX at this time but as equipment ages and reasonable deals come available I have been replacing things.
This model is not supported by Merlin, if this is something you care. An OK deal at this time, if you really need it now.

Did you forget a comment :)

I offered you the answer I gave in the other thread.

@Tech9 isn't wrong either (but I didn't ask - that's not allowed by mere members here). :)

I offered you the answer I gave in the other thread.

@Tech9 isn't wrong either (but I didn't ask - that's not allowed by mere members here). :)
So both YOU and TECH9 also cross posted :) OMG, what has become of this world? I've got flashbacks of elementary school, "teacher, teacher, Johnny blah blah blah ... :)"! I would have probably ignored it since I saw someone else had been asked OR if compelled (unlikely), IM'd the person but I'm me.

No problems and I figured as much and why I asked you! AS ALWAYS, thanks for your reply! I posted some more info for you on the other thread as well.

Last edited:
I think 'cross-posting' as I did above is allowed? :)

If that is really 'cross-posting'. (I really don't know that definition here on SNB).

I think 'cross-posting' as I did above is allowed? :)

If that is really 'cross-posting'. (I really don't know that definition here on SNB).
And yet here we are 5+ extra messages into the evils of cross posting when ignoring it would have ended in 1. Hope you're well my friend!!!!