What's new

Asus RT-AX86U AIMesh (XT8) 'Missing' after firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BarrenT

New Around Here
Hi All
After the recently generally positive reviews of the latest firmware for the AX86U I decided to apply the update 388_21709
All appeared to progress smoothly and no errors were seen during update.
However since this upgrade my AIMesh system has completely disappeared. Both XT8 nodes are showing as connected in Devices but not as AIMesh nodes.
If I try to connect to one of the XT8's I get a "Unable to connect to the Parent AP." error message.
I therefore tried resetting one of the XT8's but I can no longer add it to the existing system either via wireless or wired. Further, I updated this node to the 388_21099 firmware in case this helped, but alas no change.
Somewhat worse, is that if I click AIMesh in either the web console or the app it then times out (Connection time out (App) or spinning browser load) for around 2-3 minutes before it allows me to login again.

Have I missed something obvious please?
Any suggestions on how to 'fix' my AIMesh?
Can i just downgrade the firmware to an older version for example? It all worked (mostly) fine on the much older version i had previously been running - is there a way to revert? (I'll look this up now but just asking in case).

Many thanks

Hi All
After the recently generally positive reviews of the latest firmware for the AX86U I decided to apply the update 388_21709
All appeared to progress smoothly and no errors were seen during update.
However since this upgrade my AIMesh system has completely disappeared. Both XT8 nodes are showing as connected in Devices but not as AIMesh nodes.
If I try to connect to one of the XT8's I get a "Unable to connect to the Parent AP." error message.
I therefore tried resetting one of the XT8's but I can no longer add it to the existing system either via wireless or wired. Further, I updated this node to the 388_21099 firmware in case this helped, but alas no change.
Somewhat worse, is that if I click AIMesh in either the web console or the app it then times out (Connection time out (App) or spinning browser load) for around 2-3 minutes before it allows me to login again.

Have I missed something obvious please?
Any suggestions on how to 'fix' my AIMesh?
Can i just downgrade the firmware to an older version for example? It all worked (mostly) fine on the much older version i had previously been running - is there a way to revert? (I'll look this up now but just asking in case).

Many thanks
Sounds like a hard factory reset and manual configuration is in order. Bring the nodes close to the router when you set them up.

Thank you - will try that.
I've tried both XT8's using ethernet connection into the AX86U but his made no difference sadly. As you say sounds like the router has gotten a little upset ... just need to get the kids off it long enough to try a reset .. anytime between 7am-8am i suspect :D

Thank you - will try that.
I've tried both XT8's using ethernet connection into the AX86U but his made no difference sadly. As you say sounds like the router has gotten a little upset ... just need to get the kids off it long enough to try a reset .. anytime between 7am-8am i suspect :D
Just tell the kids they have to be off line so you can improve the WIFI connection. If they do not agree just do it anyway.

@bbunge | Many thanks - the hard reset worked immediately (as expected one imagines).
I just needed the confidence to do it as i've not had to previously |(and you just want these things to work :) )
Thanks again

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!