What's new

Asus rt-ax86u crash after installing latest Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20566

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hash70

Regular Contributor
Updated the beta to latest fw last night on my rt-ax86u running asus official,after about a hour at 00.11am my Internet suddenly went down,checked the logs and its saying it had modem hang up and a few other things like timeout waiting for pado packets,ive never seen this before,anyone know what it means

Attachments

• 3D06A7B9-1678-486D-ADD6-ED86B096906B.jpeg
    3D06A7B9-1678-486D-ADD6-ED86B096906B.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 98
  • syslog 3.txt
    497.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Modem hang up ........ your internet connection dropped. Nothing whatever to do with new firmware in the router.

The log shows normal entries for that event taking place.

same here. Installed the 20566 firmware yesterday and today router got stuck. I have an mesh setup with 3 utp connected routers. (ax86u and ax86s and ax82)
On daytime suddenly no internet or network connection to the router. See a lots of rejects in the syslog. I am a n00b so no idea what this means?
Going to switch back to older version

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    322.3 KB · Views: 63
same here. Installed the 20566 firmware yesterday and today router got stuck. I have an mesh setup with 3 utp connected routers. (ax86u and ax86s and ax82)
On daytime suddenly no internet or network connection to the router. See a lots of rejects in the syslog. I am a n00b so no idea what this means?
Going to switch back to older version

My advice for n00bs:

OE

Zero issues since updating. Even done a dirty flash which is unlike me ( too lazy and didnt want the wife and kids to give me an earfull)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!