What's new

Asus RT-AX86U router question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
I want to use DDNS feature on my router but notice this:

Administration - ASUS NOTICE( for privacy )

Please note that users are required to agree to share their information before using DDNS, Remote Connection (ASUS Router APP、Lyra APP、AiCloud、AiDisk), AiProtection, Traffic analyzer, Apps analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost and Web history. At any time, users can search the contents of the terms at this page or stop sharing their information with other parties by choosing Withdraw.

Is it safe ? I know I need to have it enabled to use DDNS but should I be worried with this enabled?

I think it is TrendMicro or whatever it is called.

What kind of information does it share with them ? Curious.

I want to use DDNS feature on my router but notice this:

Administration - ASUS NOTICE( for privacy )

Please note that users are required to agree to share their information before using DDNS, Remote Connection (ASUS Router APP、Lyra APP、AiCloud、AiDisk), AiProtection, Traffic analyzer, Apps analyzer, Adaptive QoS, Game Boost and Web history. At any time, users can search the contents of the terms at this page or stop sharing their information with other parties by choosing Withdraw.

Is it safe ? I know I need to have it enabled to use DDNS but should I be worried with this enabled?

I think it is TrendMicro or whatever it is called.

What kind of information does it share with them ? Curious.
Some people do not like it but it is safe. I have been using it for years with no issues.

I want to use DDNS feature

DDNS feature has separate agreement. You may agree to share information with Asus and use the free DDNS service they provide, but exclude TrendMicro services agreement. You can also use 3rd party DDNS service with no data sharing agreements. See the list of supported DDNS services.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!