What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_9107

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

indark

available from the router firmware upgrade page

ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.9107
- Enhanced connection stability
- Modified the Telnet/SSH setting UI message
- Fixed login bugs.
- Support router certificate export. After import the certificate to the computer you will not see the warning message when login with https. Please refer to https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1034294/

Please unzip the firmware file first and then check the MD5 code.
MD5: a0abe60ce325b0a9ebdc5735a66ff5fe

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AX88U/FW_RT_AX88U_30043849107.zip

Last edited:
Sorry, quick question. In your signature:
mesh main: RT-AC3100 @ merlin 384.11
AiMesh with Merlin came with 384.13. Error or hack? I know it was hidden.

Sorry, quick question. In your signature:
mesh main: RT-AC3100 @ merlin 384.11
AiMesh with Merlin came with 384.13. Error or hack? I know it was hidden.
it wasn't enabled by default before as Merlin did not know if he would be supporting the feature. but you could enable it if you know what to do.

WAN Aggregation is broken in this update, made the router constantly reboot, had to do a factory reset, also tried to enable it again after reset and it boot looped until I disconnect both WAN and LAN4 (Internet Modem Connection) from the router.

WAN Aggregation is broken in this update, made the router constantly reboot, had to do a factory reset, also tried to enable it again after reset and it boot looped until I disconnect both WAN and LAN4 (Internet Modem Connection) from the router.
personally don't use that so I have no knowledge about that feature. best if you can file a report thru the feedback and let Asus be aware of that issue.

I installed this firmware version on my RT-AX88U AImesh node and it appears to be working fine. I installed it since it was released.

On my main router (RX88U as well) I have Merlin installed 3.0.384.18a, both firmware versions appear to be working fine together. I hope Asus will release the source code/binaries soon so that these changes can be updated in Merlin as well :)

Last edited:
Router: RT-AX88U
I updated to this firmware today and now I can't get any WIFI signal, I've downgraded to the previous firmware and I've installed Asuswrt-Merling. I've factory reset, wifi still dead.

general log reports this
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_check_cap(334): eth7 Error -19 in getting cap
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_check_cap(334): eth7 Error -19 in getting cap
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: eth7: Selecting 2g band ACS policy
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_get_country(392): get country on eth7 returned -19.
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_start(408): eth7: Failed to get country info
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_get_rs_info(226): failed to get obss_coexret code: -19
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acsd_chanim_init(118): eth7: failed to set chanim_sample_period
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acsd_chanim_init(127): eth7: failed to set noise metric
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_start(431): chanim init failed ret code: -19
May 16 18:51:31 acsd: acs_check_assoc_scb(416): eth7: failed to get scb_assoced
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_check_cap(334): eth7 Error -19 in getting cap
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_check_cap(334): eth7 Error -19 in getting cap
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: eth7: Selecting 2g band ACS policy
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_get_country(392): get country on eth7 returned -19.
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_start(408): eth7: Failed to get country info
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_get_rs_info(226): failed to get obss_coexret code: -19
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acsd_chanim_init(118): eth7: failed to set chanim_sample_period
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acsd_chanim_init(127): eth7: failed to set noise metric
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_start(431): chanim init failed ret code: -19
May 16 18:51:34 acsd: acs_check_assoc_scb(416): eth7: failed to get scb_assoced

Anyone got any ideas, I've been on this all afternoon. The only conclusion I can see is that the new firmware has caused a hardware failure.

Lights on the front of the router indicate that 2g network is up. But it's not.

If I push the wifi on/off button on the front 2g light goes off for 2 seconds then comes back on again.

Really appreciate some expert advice, I've had to purchase a new router as I need the wifi running for Monday.

Many Thanks

so far it's working fine for me.

try power cycle, and reset with wps to see if it helps.
power off for 30 sec, hold wps while powering on.
the power led will shut off and now you power off the router again.
wait for another 10-15 sec, boot it up, and you will have to manually re-configure everything.

just test with minimal configuration to see if wifi works properly.

Unfortunately still no joy, I've just tried the power cycle and reset. it put it into factory default and still no WIFI, not even the default ASUS open wifi. 2G light still on and 5G light is off. But no WIFI at all.

Good News, I've worked it out.

Looking at the logs it was complaining about noise and being unable to start the eth7 service. Which got me thinking, in the last few week I setup on old airport express to work as an AP for older wifi devices as the AX88U wifi for older devices was unstable. This was next to the router, I turned this off before starting up the Asus. And it worked.

Thanks for response, it's good to know people are out their wanting to help.

So who has working 2,4 working with great range and speed. I've tried reset and merlin firmware and its still very bad. I've even put one antenna at a time back to check, and the only one that does anything is the one on the side left. The others didn't do anything for signal strength. Is it a firmware bug or is it broken, RMA?

So who has working 2,4 working with great range and speed. I've tried reset and merlin firmware and its still very bad. I've even put one antenna at a time back to check, and the only one that does anything is the one on the side left. The others didn't do anything for signal strength. Is it a firmware bug or is it broken, RMA?
I have no such issues with all 3 of my RT-AX88u's here. On 2.4 Ghz, I get more range than 5Ghz as expected. You most probably have faulty unit.

I'm going to send it in for repair. On avarage 2,4ghz is 20 dBm worse than 5ghz. Has to be faulty unit.

The new firmware ran like crap for me and I rolled back. I'm on gigabit and was only getting about 30mbps on speedtests, and also the router UI webpage would fail to load. After loging in with admin and password it would just be a white page. This would occur after the router being on for about 2min, so I had to quickly restart it, login and revert the firmware.

Good to know. I previously had WAN Aggregation turned on but found that enabling it broke IPV6. So I went back to leaving it disabled.

I have found since upgrading to this version, that once or twice a day it just disconnects all 2.4 clients, and they won't reconnect until I either restart the router. Has anyone else seen this?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!