What's new

ASUS RT-AX88U or ASUS RT-AX88U/CA

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keef

Hello. Is the 88U/CA supported by Merlin? All I can see is on Merlin's web site is support for the 88U and I'd rather not toss $400 away and end up with a router, not supported by Merlin.

Currently, I have an Asus RT-3100 . Would I see any difference in range with the 88X?

thanks all, Bj

Hello. Is the 88U/CA supported by Merlin? All I can see is on Merlin's web site is support for the 88U and I'd rather not toss $400 away and end up with a router, not supported by Merlin.

Currently, I have an Asus RT-3100 . Would I see any difference in range with the 88X?

thanks all, Bj

You will not see a difference. :(

They are the same router with the RT-AC88U having 4 more LAN ports.

http://mail.smallnetbuilder.com/wir...s-ac3100-gigabit-router-reviewed?limitstart=0

The good news is that RMerlin does support both of these routers.

The RT-AC86U has much more throughput than the RT-AC3100 I had. But I don't have a large enough home to test its maximum range.

If you're asking about the RT-AX88U, I would hold off on that purchase...

You will not see a difference. :(

They are the same router with the RT-AC88U having 4 more LAN ports.

http://mail.smallnetbuilder.com/wir...s-ac3100-gigabit-router-reviewed?limitstart=0

The good news is that RMerlin does support both of these routers.

The RT-AC86U has much more throughput than the RT-AC3100 I had. But I don't have a large enough home to test its maximum range.

If you're asking about the RT-AX88U, I would hold off on that purchase...

That's some great info, thanks. I appreciate it. Now holding off on the purchase....often that is tougher, however, I usually try to not throw my money away. There will be a cooler model coming down the pike soon that will make sense.

thanks, Bj

Hello. Is the 88U/CA supported by Merlin?

It's the exact same router, just that it's a Canadian version of the SKU, coming usually with bilingual manuals.

It's the exact same router, just that it's a Canadian version of the SKU, coming usually with bilingual manuals.
I have a AC3100/CA as well. Like @RMerlin says its the bilingual packaging. I love my AX88U it's not a /CA version but it was sold in Canada. Welcome aboard! ;):)

Do you mean the RT-AX88U or RT-AC88U. The AX88U is certainly a much better router than the AC88U. I have both, the AX88U has a longer range, more memory (important if you run a lot of scripts) and support for WiFi6 and a much faster processor. The AC88U on the other hand is the same as the AC3100. I'm very happy with the AX88U, much less problems than I ever had with any of the other ASUS routers including the AC86U as mentioned above.