What's new

Asus RT-AX88U Wall Mountable?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mark Reed

New Around Here
Hi

I've just purchased this and would like to mount it on the wall if possible.

I saw before purchasing in a number of reviews that it was listed as wall mountable, but haven't been able to work out how!

Has anyone managed it who could help?

Hi

I've just purchased this and would like to mount it on the wall if possible.

I saw before purchasing in a number of reviews that it was listed as wall mountable, but haven't been able to work out how!

Has anyone managed it who could help?
RT-Ax88u is not wall mountable, it must sit on table or similar object. They only way you can mount on wall would be if you willing to make shelves for it.

RT-Ax88u is not wall mountable, it must sit on table or similar object. They only way you can mount on wall would be if you willing to make shelves for it.
Remove the two rubber plugs and hang it on the wall.
I have not done it, but here is the picture of the backside:

Attachments

• wall-mount-rs.jpeg
    wall-mount-rs.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 23,812
Remove the two rubber plugs and hang it on the wall.
I have not done it, but here is the picture of the backside:

Those two rubber plug are not for mounting, it is cover for screws which are used to open router cover. However with that being said you can certainly make use of them to mount as well.

Those two rubber plug are not for mounting, it is cover for screws which are used to open router cover. However with that being said you can certainly make use of them to mount as well.
One side of the socket is CNC:ed for sliding in a screw. (Only on one side, the side possible for hanging not the other).
I am not sure why it wouldn't be used for wall mounting even though the spec does not mention it explicitly.

The case design (and those covered holes) is exactly the same as the RT-AC88U. They're described as "wall mount holes ". The same type of holes are on the RT-AC87U.

for sure it is to cover the housing screws :confused::oops: ... sorry never heard such nonsense!
Then they would be round, no need to have as smaller oval part to hang in wall mount screws!!!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!