What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX89X 3.0.0.4.386.47027 2022/01/25

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
RT-AX89X|WiFi Routers|ASUS USA

Version 3.0.0.4.386.47027
2022/01/25 56.77 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47027
1. Add 10G base-T IPG GUI option.
2. Fixed few wireless compatibility issues.
3. Fixed extend NSS not be synchornized to mesh node, and set to be default enabled.
4. Fixed open vpn related issues.
5. Fixed lets encrypt related issues.
6. Fixed AiMesh related issues.
7. Fixed minor GUI bugs and strings.
8. Update dual wan network monitor machanism.
9. Fixed AiCloud related issue.
10. Fixed DDNS related issues.

Security fixes:
1. Fixed authenticated stored Cross Site Scripting.
2. Fixed json/plc/port file traversal and stack overflow vulnerability.
3. Fixed httpd add line break to the command injection checklist.
4. Fixed httpd unauth DoS.
5. Fixed arbitrary file reading vulnerability.
6. Fixed HTTP smuggling.
7. Fixed stack overflow vulnerability.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:271638323e484a2640964edfed7586ea

OE

hello.
no apears in the log but other improvement is the static dhcp. now allow 128 devices (in the previous version only 64).

a bug i detected is the speed test. 100%packages drop in the stadistic, i thing is only the information, because the speeds apears and all work

After updating to this firmware, my 6 security cameras are less stable, particularly the ones on 2.4 Ghz. Occasionally I'll notice that one or two cameras have lost signal so I unplug/replug those cameras: no change. Then I click the reboot button in the WEBUI to reboot the router: no change. But if I unplug the router's power, wait a minute, and plug it back in, the cameras reconnect. Has anyone else noticed something like this? It didn't happen in the previous firmware. Maybe there's a setting I need to change in the advanced WiFi? If so, I don't know what it is.

Mike

After updating to this firmware, my 6 security cameras are less stable, particularly the ones on 2.4 Ghz. Occasionally I'll notice that one or two cameras have lost signal so I unplug/replug those cameras: no change. Then I click the reboot button in the WEBUI to reboot the router: no change. But if I unplug the router's power, wait a minute, and plug it back in, the cameras reconnect. Has anyone else noticed something like this? It didn't happen in the previous firmware. Maybe there's a setting I need to change in the advanced WiFi? If so, I don't know what it is.

Mike
i have a bit problems with the wifis. the wifi disconect and conect, fastly. i dont know if is my problem or firmware problem. :-(

Mike
I had a similar problem before the update, and the update didn't seem to change it. I have three cameras, and they all run on 5GHz usually. I never have a problem with the external cameras, but the internal camera, which is in the same room with the router will sometimes go offline. Powercycling the camera doesn't help. In trying to figure out the issue, I replaced both the camera and the 89X with new units, and that had no effect on the issue that I could tell. (It doesn't happen regularly enough to find a pattern.)

I have found that a WEBUI reboot fixes the problem each time. But, that's frequently a disruption to the remote work and schooling going on in my home each day. I have found if I disable both the 2.4 and 5GHz radios using the WEBUI, wait a couple of minutes and re-enable them, that the problem corrects itself every time. This is far less disruptive to the family, as their wireless devices are usually attached to one of the AI Mesh nodes (or they seem to swap seamlessly).

I've played with all kinds of changes to the wireless settings over the last few months, and I haven't found anything that seems to fix it. But, my router having a scheduled reboot twice a week, has driven down the recurrences substantially. And the reboots are no impact.

I'm still having the same issue on the latest firmware. I have a PC set up with Blue Iris which monitors six security cameras. Sometimes when I restart Blue Iris, it cannot connect to one or more cameras. Going to the camera's IP address (on any computer) results in a timeout. Restarting both the camera and the Blue Iris PC gives the same results: the same cameras that couldn't connect still can't connect. I've found only two ways to solve the problem. One is to reboot the router and the other is to click the "Apply" button on the main UI page under System Status (where it shows 2.4 and 5 Ghz WiFi settings). The previous firmware did this too but the latest one seems much worse: it happens much more often. In addition, over time, some of the cameras slow down/lag as if some pipeline is getting backed up... to the point that after a few hours, one or more will stop responding for a minute or two and then come back. It's like there is an overload somewhere.

Mike