What's new

Asus RT-AX92u and Intel AX200 wireless adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

taz291819

Occasional Visitor
I found an Intel AX200 wireless card for my Asus G55-VW and installed it today (with the latest Intel drivers).

It would connect to the router just fine, but not in AX mode.

To remedy this, I changed the 5Ghz-2 band to AX mode only, 160Mhz only, and the channel to 100.

After applying the changes, it only took about 60-90 seconds for my laptop to see it and connect.

Just though I'd put this out there for anyone having problems.

btw, the router is running the latest firmware as well.

So you're saying you were able to connect to the 5 GHz backhaul radio? The two-stream client connect radios do not support AX.

Correct, connected to the backhaul. If you're not using it in a AI Mesh setup, the backhaul radio shows up like normal.

The backhaul can always be unhidden too, been working fine for me in mesh mode for a couple of months this way

The backhaul can always be unhidden too, been working fine for me in mesh mode for a couple of months this way

Via web-interface or just through SSH?

My parents are about to purchase the 2-pack for their house, and I'll have to set it up for them, that's why I'm asking.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!