What's new

ASUS RT-AX92U/AX6100

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Received an email from Asus regarding this AiMesh system. Never heard of it and don't recall seeing any discussions here about it. Can't even find it on their networking product page, but it does show up on Amazon.com

Anyone have information about this system?

Here's the link on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBBX5ZW/?tag=snbforums-20

AiMesh? It's been out for over a year and is discussed here extensively. There's an old review#1 in the right margin of this page. It runs on many of their routers.

https://www.asus.com/microsite/AiMesh/en/index.html

OE

No, not AiMesh (I'm running an AiMesh system currently). I was referring to the RT-AX92U as something I was not familiar with.

I'm interested in the RT-AX92U as well - would like a decent mesh setup for Centurylink gigabit...

I'm interested in the RT-AX92U as well - would like a decent mesh setup for Centurylink gigabit...
I had it for 2 days from Amazon and sent it back. I was going to replace my AX11000 with the AX6100 but the throughput isn’t even close.
For those interested:
  • AImesh sometimes makes the node use 2.4ghz and there is nothing you can do about it for the node. Therefore, if you need to guarantee high throughput for devices far from the router, its a shot in the dark as 2.4ghz will always have higher -dB.
  • The AX6100 lacks all of the DFS channels (AX11000 has them all) and can only use them for the backhaul.
  • The overall throughput of even the router is much lower than the AX11000.

In summary, it works, but if you need to guarantee even AC speeds for all devices, the lack of control over the node and weaker antennae setup will be a let down for those looking for high speeds on all supported devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!