1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

ASUS RT-AX92U/AX6100

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by phatal, May 21, 2019.

1. phatal

phatal New Around Here

Received an email from Asus regarding this AiMesh system. Never heard of it and don't recall seeing any discussions here about it. Can't even find it on their networking product page, but it does show up on Amazon.com

Anyone have information about this system?

Here's the link on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RBBX5ZW/?tag=snbforums-20

2. OzarkEdge

OzarkEdge Very Senior Member

AiMesh? It's been out for over a year and is discussed here extensively. There's an old review#1 in the right margin of this page. It runs on many of their routers.

https://www.asus.com/microsite/AiMesh/en/index.html

OE

3. phatal

phatal New Around Here

No, not AiMesh (I'm running an AiMesh system currently). I was referring to the RT-AX92U as something I was not familiar with.

4. Waltski

Waltski New Around Here

I'm interested in the RT-AX92U as well - would like a decent mesh setup for Centurylink gigabit...

5. Daro

Daro New Around Here

I had it for 2 days from Amazon and sent it back. I was going to replace my AX11000 with the AX6100 but the throughput isn’t even close.
    For those interested:
    • AImesh sometimes makes the node use 2.4ghz and there is nothing you can do about it for the node. Therefore, if you need to guarantee high throughput for devices far from the router, its a shot in the dark as 2.4ghz will always have higher -dB.
    • The AX6100 lacks all of the DFS channels (AX11000 has them all) and can only use them for the backhaul.
    • The overall throughput of even the router is much lower than the AX11000.

In summary, it works, but if you need to guarantee even AC speeds for all devices, the lack of control over the node and weaker antennae setup will be a let down for those looking for high speeds on all supported devices.

6. RTN

RTN Regular Contributor