What's new

ASUS RT-AX92U DNS over TLS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

esfu

Regular Contributor
I am trying to configure ASUS RT-AX92U to use DNS over TLS.

I have currently set to use OpenDNS servers and when I select DOT and Apply, I get a message that I need to configure at least one server to use DNS over TLS. Even when I select Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 from the list in the preset servers, it does not work nor is the 1.1.1.1 displayed in the preset servers.

For a change, I tried to use Connect to DNS server automatically which removed the OpenDNS servers fields from the view and again select Cloudflare but nothing changed.

When you set DoT there's a drop down box below where you have to select the servers to use or manually set your own.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
When you set DoT there's a drop down box below where you have to select the servers to use or manually set your own.

View attachment 46416
Yes. I did that. I selected Cloudflare but when I Apply settings, it does not seem to do anything and shows as Please Select in the Preset servers. OpenDNS is not part of the Preset Servers list.

I also observed that I cannot see the first five options shown above at all in my firmware ASUS RT-AX92U firmware 3.0.0.4.386_46061 and why is that so ?

When selecting you have to add each with the + plus on the right after selection. If you don't do this you're applying nothing hence the message
Untitled.png

Last edited:
I also observed that I cannot see the first five options shown above at all in my firmware ASUS RT-AX92U firmware 3.0.0.4.386_46061 and why is that so ?
Merlin on ax88u - different firmware. Hmm, I can see that might confuse matters but the steps you need re selection are the same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!