What's new

Asus RT-AX92U firmware disconnecting main router GT-AX11000...?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hefeydd

New Around Here
Hello,

I am slightly baffled to how an update on my other router on my AiMesh RX-AX92U currently using firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9177 but when I update to firmware 3.0.0.4.386_40451 my main router on the AiMesh keeps disconnecting and I just don't know why this keep happening. I was thinking of doing a factory reset but to get the AiMesh running was such a nightmare I don't want to go through this again. I am no stranger to networks but I am still a novice with AiMesh as it is all new to me. What I cannot get my head around is how can another router on the AiMesh cause the main router to keep disconnecting. I reverted back to Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9177-gbe0ac36 and it is stable and not problems, I update the firmware to 4051 and it keeps disconnecting all the time it is an absolute nightmare.

I think it may be how I have to router set up, the only why I could get the AiMesh to work was to set up IP Binding. But another weird thing that keeps happening as well which is unrelated is Smart Connect keeps disabling and again I have now idea why I have never used Smart Connect before, I know what it is and how it works I just don't use it. to be honest I think I have this set up in such a way what may have happened is the update is interfering with the way I have the main router set up. that is my working theory but if somebody else can make a suggestion I am open to suggestions. I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to go back to stock and start again.

If you want logs then I will provide them upon request.

Main Router: GT-AX1100
AiMesh Router RT-AX92U

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!