What's new

Asus RT-AX92U timeouts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pgershon

Regular Contributor
I have been using three of these routers in a wired-backhaul Mesh network for almost 3 years. I had one unit break once and ASUS replaced under warranty. About a month ago, my home internet was upgraded to fiber, and Optimum installed a new Gateway ONT/router combo that interferes with the ASUS 2.4 gHz network. The Optimum box is in bridge mode, but I am unable to shut off the wifi because it is needed to communicate late with my Optimum STBs (proper workaround is to drop teh Optimum TV product altogether, but my wife has been objecting). I have lots of TP link / Kasa light switches throughout the house that communicate over the 2.4gHz band only (and some Shelly relays as well). Because of the Optimum wifi interference, I was forced to buy a third Wifi router for the room next to the Optimum unit that connects two my network (the Optimum wifi is on its own IP). Things are working generally, but my Kasa and Shelly switches are frequently timing out when they are polled. Also, the ASUS router has been crashing every few days, so I performed a factory reset. Since the reset, the TP-link switches time out less, but then Shelly switches are tim ing out more often. Worse still, the ASUS router itself seems to be timing out. Please see screenshot attached - the router stalled in the middle of loading the web administration page. I needed to refresh the page (after waiting a few minutes) to get the proper page to fully load (and I needed to sign in again).

Any ideas what might be going on?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 3.39.53 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 3.39.53 PM.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 3.48.31 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 3.48.31 PM.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 45
I noticed similar lockups on mine. The WebUI would go unresponsive and eventually my internet would drop until I rebooted the box. I rolled back the firmware, turned off all extra services (was really only running Trend and the web analytics) and setup a nightly reboots and haven't had any drops during the day.

Thanks. I am unsure what the issue was, but it seems to have corrected itself. I've been good since start of weekend. I had a USB thumb drive in the USB port (it was there to store my icons and I forgot to remove it). I also had a TP-Link Kasa outlet near the router which was failing to get an IP - I moved it to a different SSID. I just dont see why either of these changes would have fixed the timeouts issue. But everything is now behaving as it did before the cabe company installed its own modem competing with my ASUS on the 2.4 gHz band (I did have too set up a new router with its own SSID but part of my ASUS network to connect the wireless units that were conflicted out by the cable company router.

Note added: Just saw in my log that the router crashed and restarted last night. Log showed many "BWDPI: [BWMON] Revert process and free memory" messages before reboot. On reading other posts on latest firmware issues, I withdrew permission to share data with trend micro. This reportedly helped at least two users. Will see if it helps here.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!