What's new

Asus RT-AX92U with 3.0.0.4.384_9177-gbe0ac36 experiences

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keriati

New Around Here
I got the new firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9177-gbe0ac36 on my AiMesh since a few days.

This release seems to solve the issue with kernel:

runner_get_pkt_from_ring:L137 Failed to allocate new ring buffer.

When stress testing the wifi (Steaming 8k video from youtube with AirPlay to AppleTV, all devices on wifi) the main router still restarted after a few minutes, however did not crash like before so I did not have to manually reset it.

Any other experiences so far with this firmware?

Was wondering how has your experience been over the last week+ with the new firmware? I've been holding off upgrading the firmware on my set of AX92U's.

Was wondering how has your experience been over the last week+ with the new firmware? I've been holding off upgrading the firmware on my set of AX92U's.

The routers are up since 6 days, everything fine so far, no incidents. Didn't run into the ring buffer error this time yet.

I have it only in AC mode, AX is disabled. 20 clients on it on average but no real high data usage on them.

When testing with iperf I can reach 95 MB /sec transfer, clients connect with 1300Mbps mostly.

Also roaming is pretty smooth.

Had one crash on the first day but nothing since that.

The routers are up since 6 days, everything fine so far, no incidents. Didn't run into the ring buffer error this time yet.

I have it only in AC mode, AX is disabled. 20 clients on it on average but no real high data usage on them.

When testing with iperf I can reach 95 MB /sec transfer, clients connect with 1300Mbps mostly.

Also roaming is pretty smooth.

Had one crash on the first day but nothing since that.

Are you using two routers in AI mesh node with wired or wireless backhaul? I updated my firmware, and now my router says that my 5Ghz-2 band is being used to provide wireless backhaul to the other AX92U in AIMesh mode on the home screen, despite the fact that my AiMesh node is connected via wired backhaul. But strangely, the AiMesh node shows up as connected via Wired on the AiMesh page, and the 5GHz-2 band is available for devices to connect to, but they don't seem to connect automatically. They have to be manually connected.

Anyone else noticing this on the latest firmware with AX92U's? This didn't say or do this before on the previous Firmware version.

ASUS 1.jpg
ASUS 2.jpg

Are you using two routers in AI mesh node with wired or wireless backhaul? I updated my firmware, and now my router says that my 5Ghz-2 band is being used to provide wireless backhaul to the other AX92U in AIMesh mode on the home screen, despite the fact that my AiMesh node is connected via wired backhaul. But strangely, the AiMesh node shows up as connected via Wired on the AiMesh page, and the 5GHz-2 band is available for devices to connect to, but they don't seem to connect automatically. They have to be manually connected.

Anyone else noticing this on the latest firmware with AX92U's? This didn't say or do this before on the previous Firmware version.

View attachment 23865 View attachment 23866

I have wireless backhaul enabled. However the SSID is visible and a few clients connect to it automatically without issue, while the small devices use 5ghz-1. I think it might rather be a client priority issue on your side.

I have wireless backhaul enabled. However the SSID is visible and a few clients connect to it automatically without issue, while the small devices use 5ghz-1. I think it might rather be a client priority issue on your side.

Can you explain what you mean by a client priority issue on my side? My router and my node are connected via WIRED backhaul, so there should be no need to use 5Ghz-2 for anything other than clients.

Can you explain what you mean by a client priority issue on my side? My router and my node are connected via WIRED backhaul, so there should be no need to use 5Ghz-2 for anything other than clients.

Yes, I mean this part:

but they don't seem to connect automatically. They have to be manually connected.

Maybe the clients have higher priority on one of the other networks. But I could be wrong. If they connect manually fine then I would assume the clients are preferring in non manual connection the other networks for some reason. For example my MacBook preferred also the 5ghz-1 network until I set the 5ghz-2 network to a higher priority.

I think also the wireless backhaul setting can be disabled in the wireless settings and it will only do wired in this case.

Yes, I mean this part:

Maybe the clients have higher priority on one of the other networks. But I could be wrong. If they connect manually fine then I would assume the clients are preferring in non manual connection the other networks for some reason. For example my MacBook preferred also the 5ghz-1 network until I set the 5ghz-2 network to a higher priority.

I think also the wireless backhaul setting can be disabled in the wireless settings and it will only do wired in this case.

In my case, my iPhone 11 Pro which was on 5Ghz-2 did not reconnect to either the 5Ghz-1 or 2.4Ghz bands. It just stayed disconnected from the WiFi completely until I turned WiFi off and then back on. My wife and daughter's iPhone 11's also did the same. All other devices connected to the 5Ghz-1 and 2.4Ghz bands automatically. It was only devices that are on the 5Ghz-2 band didn't reconnect. Not a huge deal, but didn't happen before I upgraded the Firmware.

How are people getting on with this firmware? Have there been any issues with crashing?

I'm particularly interested to hear from people who are running on the default settings.